High compression

P

PunaMKlll

What could be the causes of high compression be other than carbon buildup, im not lossing any coolant or oil and im comming up with 240psi per cylinder!.(7mge)

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
I would think that the reasons for high compression readings during a compression test are:

A) Carbon build up
B) Higher compression pistons were used in a build
C) Considerable amount of material was milled from the head
D) Considerable amount of material was milled from the block
E) A faulty tester
F) Not using the right thickness HG

Now which of those would give you such a high reading to that degree (240PSI), I would be only be speculating if I told you;)

P

PunaMKlll

well if those are the only reasons then it must be (A). will find out for shure if its (A) in the morning.

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
As much as I hate to make a useless post in the General section:
CtSupra said:
lol @ Tony.

Is it (A)?! Is it (A)?! :D
What is SO funny? :p Why are you repeating your question also?
CtSupra said:
…Or, as my friend IJ put it, how about (G) for all of the above?...
I see you are a secretary now – cool! I have to get myself a secretary too! I wonder if I should put up an ad in the classified section.
CtSupra said:
…edit: dude, judge judy has got to go man, :rofl:
The Judge Judy theme (avatar & sig) is for humor. She will go when it is time, not when others give heat. Just like when I will leave as well. I will leave on my own time, not when others “push” me out.

I will tell you a story that is relevant: I was once neck deep in the ocean with a lovely lady at 3:30 AM at Ft Lauderdale Beach. I was facing sea when I seen a splash with an object sticking out out of the water. At the time and still now, I could only imagine that it was a dorsal fin of a great white shark. I have been told that great whites come in at night to feed. Also at the time, we were the only two within sight. Being in the water at night is much more dangerous because there are more sharks and a lot less people -- with no help if needed, I might add. So I knew what had to be done. I said, “Ros,” (short for Rosslyn), “I think we did enough swimming already,” in a really cool voice too. So I turned my back to the devil and stayed still, neck deep and watched her leave the water. When she was at knee level, I started to walk myself out in a cool manner and AT MY TIME: after she had left. So you can see that although I was in a place that could be absolute hell -- without a moment’s notice, I left on my time and under my conditions. We will never know for sure what it was, but all that matters is what I knew at the time and how I reacted. Believe it or not -- that is up to you. I really don’t care what people believe as far as that story goes but I think the reader knows what I am getting at as far as the morale of the story either way.
... OK, I will explain it for some that may not have understood: not even a great white could push MO out of his domain until I was God damn good and ready to leave -- and not a second before before that :icon_bigg

A 100% approval rating is not required on the Judge Judy theme. It is funnier than lots other things I read that are supposedly humor. I think it is funny and so do my friends.
I do feel somewhat guilty laughing at prank calls though, but then I have nothing to do with it at this point, as far as the call being made. All I can hope is that others aren’t encouraged to make prank calls such as one of the links in my sig.

Good luck with your diagnosing, PunaMKIII.
Also, do tell us how you make out.

Hoping we can go on with the intended topic at hand,
TM:D

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
:blah: damn, Tony you do talk to much, lol. i understand your story.

anyway, i was laughing because the last sentence of your first post is funny.

i was repeating my question as to sound like a school boy wanting to give an answer. - weird sense of humor -

i'm no secretary, somebody said something funny to me, so i posted it up, no big deal.

i was messing with you about the judge judy thing. damn! :) ...though i hate her attitude. and i don't want you to leave. calm down.

i have a very easy going sense of humor - meaning i find almost everything funny. i'll think it's funny, most will not. that's all.

would you like any more clarification, sir?

now, back to the topic at hand. :D

PunaMkIII: go do some high end runs, i'll clear that carbon right up. if not, you'll probably have to rebuild, good luck!