Another MO MKIII

Boosted7MGTE

Aug 3, 2005
Hey everyone. I'm a new owner of an 87 Turbo. I live Just south of STL in Arnold. Just thought I would stop in and say hi!

STLSupra

Banned
Aug 13, 2005
South County
Hey, I am about to get my first Supra on Monday. MKIII. I am so excited and just wanted to say hi and also we should get together a meet in stl. Hit me up with a PM if interested.

-GREG

1989MKIII

Jun 28, 2005
Troy, Missouri
www.elite-forums.com
STLSupra said:
Hey, I am about to get my first Supra on Monday. MKIII. I am so excited and just wanted to say hi and also we should get together a meet in stl. Hit me up with a PM if interested.

-GREG

well i have said something about this. i wanted to get something going here in troy, it would be nice if it was befor winter thow. if anyone else is interested. then let me know. and we will get together on a date...

l8ter

justin

Boosted7MGTE

Aug 3, 2005
I would be up for a meet. First things first though, I need to get the car running again. It ran fine the whole way home but now it's having issues. I'll start it and it will run for about 30 seconds and then die. Dont know what the deal is. When I bought the car I changed a couple leaky(non existant) vacuum hoses. I'm pretty sure there are more leaks causing this. Should I try and find the leaks or replace all the vacuum hoses anyway? I might take a trip to HTP Automotive and have matt run his new smoke machine on it. Hopefully I can find out what's wrong with it so I can get it licensed and legal.

1989MKIII

Jun 28, 2005
Troy, Missouri
www.elite-forums.com
here is the deal, mind did that too. but it was bad gas, and when it sat for 4 months waiting to be repaired (caz of lack of $$$) once the gas was out of it. it ran fine. althow it couldnt hurt to go ahead and replace them anyway. the hose's that is. it doesnt cost but like .10$ a foot. if that...just try it out and see. autozone has been the best place to get the vacume hose's..GL you need help or anything. let me know. im always willing to help..

l8ter

justin

Boosted7MGTE

Aug 3, 2005
Well I think I solved my problem. The guy that sold me the car replaced all the gaskets b4 he gave it to me(nice guy). Well evidently he didnt tighten the Intake manifold bolts tight enough. I'm missing 3 nuts and all the rest but 1 are lose. So the IM was leaking like a mofo. So I spent this morning tightening everything up and put 12 gallons of fresh 93 octane in it. Ran like a champ the whole way home. I also think that I had some bad gas in the car. Not for certain. But now all is well, and I'm going back to sleep.

mazzer

Banned
May 3, 2005
st.louis,mo
Boosted7MGTE said:
Well I think I solved my problem. The guy that sold me the car replaced all the gaskets b4 he gave it to me(nice guy). Well evidently he didnt tighten the Intake manifold bolts tight enough. I'm missing 3 nuts and all the rest but 1 are lose. So the IM was leaking like a mofo. So I spent this morning tightening everything up and put 12 gallons of fresh 93 octane in it. Ran like a champ the whole way home. I also think that I had some bad gas in the car. Not for certain. But now all is well, and I'm going back to sleep.
good to hear. enjoy