Have to get a truck HMMPH!

ShagsSupra

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Wilmington NC
Welp me and my brothers mobile detailing buisness is starting to get serious, we have the enclosed trailer and the chemicals and some of the equipment now we need a truck, This trailer is like 7 or 8 X 15 foot with an electric break system, people tell me to just get a big 6 like a 4.3 Vortech GMC or somthing like that I think im gnna get an 8cly I want a big truck capable of pulling a big trailer and that has a quad cab... but I dono gas prices sound better with the 6... Any suggestions?

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Silverado.
perfect for what u want and decent on gas, 22+ MPG, this is when pulling about 2 tons, car.
we have one and its a work horse its helped build 4 houses, 2 additions, and plenty of little bullshi t jobs, me and my dad do for people, for little extra cash. Its a V6 99', and it does the job and havent had a problem out of it yet, we are 2nd owners and bought it with 80K miles it now has 190K. another contractor friend of ours, has had his 96 silverado sence brand new, it has 300k+ miles on it and he says it runs just like it came off the lot, he has never rebuilt the engine. just regular mantaince and such.
so if i have to get a truck ill be buying a silverado.
just my $0.02

Supra Blues

Virgin Booster
Mar 30, 2005
Supramania
Get a diesel. They get better mileage when towing, mostly becuase they produce their maximum torque in lower rpm ranges.

My uncle just bought an F-350 super duty diesel.

It makes 571 ft/lbs of torque at 2,000 rpm. A comparable gas engine would probabaly be at around 4,000 rpms.

Maybe this is too big for your purposes, but still, diesels will out tow and get better mileage than a comparable gas engine in most cases.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Supra Blues said:
Get a diesel. They get better mileage when towing, mostly becuase they produce their maximum torque in lower rpm ranges.

My uncle just bought an F-350 super duty diesel.

It makes 571 ft/lbs of torque at 2,000 rpm. A comparable gas engine would probabaly be at around 4,000 rpms.

Maybe this is too big for your purposes, but still, diesels will out tow and get better mileage than a comparable gas engine in most cases.

o hell yea, so true, but i think he isnt going to be towing 8 tons of concrete.
but yea overall deises are alot stronger and better on gas, problem is they cost $$$

jtamulis

www.NotRice.com
Apr 9, 2005
Pittsboro, NC
www.NotRice.com
Um email me, I'm thinking of selling my suburban

1985 GMC 4x4 DIESEL suburban 6.2, , its bad, 20mpg+ DVD system, etc.

Its a workhorse, and comfortable, and nice. I'm just thinking about getting
a pickup, but I already have trailer setup, etc.

$5000 (with in dash Alpine DVD system, less without)

Jeff
jtamulis@hotmail.com

AND I'm in North Carolina, Pittsboro.

ShagsSupra

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Wilmington NC
jtamulis said:
Um email me, I'm thinking of selling my suburban

1985 GMC 4x4 DIESEL suburban 6.2, , its bad, 20mpg+ DVD system, etc.

Its a workhorse, and comfortable, and nice. I'm just thinking about getting
a pickup, but I already have trailer setup, etc.

$5000 (with in dash Alpine DVD system, less without)

Jeff
jtamulis@hotmail.com

AND I'm in North Carolina, Pittsboro.

*wonders if your a chick in disguse*

You know somthings odd about this.... some girl I stumbled on has a Suburban in pitsboro (trying to sell it) and she wants me to go there and do her lol.... No joke....
if you want I can give you her number? go hook it up for her lol shes kinky.

^^Im completly serious about that.

Anyways im in need of a truck cause we need the bed space cause were gonna be stacked with equipment, ty anyways tho.

PS: Im dead serious about everything I said there about that girl PM me if you want her number or yahoo name LOL.