1gz swap question

89mkthree

supies ignore irish luck!
Apr 12, 2005
near chi town
hi, i am seriously considering putting a 1jz into my 89 turbo with a manual trans. im guessing this isnt a simple bolt in affair. what do i need to know going into this? any fabrication? any parts off my 7m i can use? are there any specific things that are rather dificult about it? any help would be verry appreciated
thanks

Last edited:

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
cwapface said:
i heard it takes a liter of pig's blood and a sacred circle, but everything else has been covered in depth by mr. search
damn that was cold but funny.:biglaugh:

FRONT CLIP.

Troyota

I Love What You Do For Me
Jul 28, 2005
Roswell NM
Important but usually overlooked is that you have to extend the rear bumper brackets 6" to accomidate the 2nd turbocharger... :icon_bigg

May 31, 2005
Omaha
Be nice boys:) But, really, just do a search on here and on different sites...there is a great load of info. I have done it, andd it isn't bad at all.

Trev

Troyota

Jul 28, 2005
Roswell NM
Yeah, sorry I couldn't resist...there are plenty of resources though try:

www.jza70.com

The guys on this forum have been really helpfull...I haven't done my swap yet, but feel pretty comfortable in doing it and if I need any specific questions I know I can turn to these guys.

89mkthree

Apr 12, 2005
near chi town
wow, i just figured that since there are alot of people on here theat have done it, they wouldnt mind giving me a quick run down. i guess you guys cant resist being dicks when the chance arises though.

Troyota

Jul 28, 2005
Roswell NM
Hey man, I said sorry...it was just a joke...there are plenty of resources online and if you have any specific questions somebody around here will undoubtedly have an answer for you.

89mkthree

Apr 12, 2005
near chi town
i can take a joke, and had i not already spent a while searching for info and decided that asking the "knowledgable" people on this forum would be the best way to find out what i need, it would have been funny. i do find it funny, however, that the time alot of people spent making fun of me for asking and not being able to take a joke they could have spent to answer my very simple question. so i will ask again if there is anyone out there who will be kind enough to give me a quick rundown on things i need to know for it would be really appreciated. And please, no more smart ass coments like extending the rear bumber brakets, i am a little smarter than that. i know i need a 2jz bell housing to make it work with my r-154 trans, i know i will probobly have to extend the harness, and i know the engine mounts change somewere in 89. if there is anything else i need to know it would help. thanks