Code 11?????? WTF??????

YoNkErS87t

streetside mechanic
Mar 31, 2005
In the Garage
I've been having a problem with my car for the past month and half. It doesn't want to stay running on its own and is running very rich.

Ever once in a while i will get code 11(interruption in power to ecu)
I just want to know what could cause this code to be thrown?

Its also the only code i get.

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
Hell, Ive been getting this code ever since I installed the engine. Problem is what are we exactly looking for when you say bad ground. The 2 Wires that are for the ECU are grounded to the Block midway the Harness under the Intake manifold but thats all I know. My ECU isnt bolted to anything. Was told it didnt have to be behind the glove box. If not have the ECU grounded or secured will give you that code, Someone please let me know.

If you are getting a code 11, you will not get any other code until that perticular code is corrected. Something about that code that will not bring any other one up.

Robert

YoNkErS87t

streetside mechanic
Mar 31, 2005
In the Garage
I just checked and cleaned up my grounds the other day and it still happened afterwards. It did happen before my problem with the car not running, but it happens every once in a while.

The ecu is also bolted up tight. checked that yesterda

Sonex2000

Apr 3, 2005
I still get code 11 from time to time. I have play with the wires on the distributor some times just to get the car started.

YoNkErS87t

streetside mechanic
Mar 31, 2005
In the Garage
If the battery is dead, but has enough to crank over the motor a couple of times, but then go completely dead could that throw the code?