any difference between oil and coolant hoses?compatible?

supra_dre

Apr 1, 2005
my PCV hoses are blown/cracked and I have waited in the FS section for weeks to no avail. I saw a very nice, still flexible hose (coolant most likely)on an old rusty, Accord engine laying in my yard for months. Its about the same size of the 2 small PCV hoses on top of the valve covers (dont know if original, new oil hoses are hard or flexible but the old ones on my car are rock hard). Question: will this hold up to the PCV job well?

PIONEER

Wallet Wide Open
Mar 30, 2005
Raleigh, Nc
A new one from toyota is cheaper then a Bigmac with Supersize fries and a drink. Just get a new one and save yourself the hassle.

kaz87supra

Supra Owner
Mar 31, 2005
Owasso OK
yeah, DO NOT USE HEATER HOSE

petrolum base products break down the rubber and it WILL blow out on you... and the oil on an engine is pretty important, in my book. dont mess around

B

Boostaddctn

kaz87supra said:
yeah, DO NOT USE HEATER HOSE

petrolum base products break down the rubber and it WILL blow out on you... and the oil on an engine is pretty important, in my book. dont mess around

Its just the PCV hose that goes from the valve cover to the pipe, there is mainly vapor, you shouldn't be getting excessive oil coming out of it... and btw dude LAY OFF THE WELFARE and go to a local auto parts car and buy oil/emission hoses they are like $1.00 a foot... aight peace

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
that McD's analagy would work... except that they dont Supersize anymore cuz americans cant handle the responsibility of the calories and are retarded enough to try to sue McD's for making them fat due to the super size offerings.

but seriously, coolant hose will always swell and breakdown in an oily environment. even oil dripping onto a rad hose will cause it to deteriorate. petrolum products destroy natural rubber products and other petroluem based products. you would need a Neoprene hose... or stock replacment. nothing fits like stock anyways.