NA clutch?

1TuffSupra

Sho' Nuff
Jul 11, 2005
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
So this is my first real post on the forum, other than the pics I posted, but I need to purchase a new clutch for my NA supra to get it on the road and I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions? I noticed that a lot of you guys go with SPEC clutches, but I used to own an eclipse and from what ive heard their clutches suck, they are either warped or start slipping within a few thousand miles. I do plan on doing the 7mgte swap and want to get a clutch that will hold the power atleast until I upgrade the turbo. Ive driven a talon with an act 2600 (ran 12.01 with a fubared 2nd gear synchro) and while the pedal effort was increased it was quite easy to get used to (other than damn near slamming my clutch pedal through the floor board once i got back in my car) so im not worried about that. So do you guys have any suggestions that wont break the bank?

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
i've got an intake and a Becauseican divorced wastegate downpipe, along with the CM stage III and a lightweight flywheel.

(i've got LOTS of mods going in right now, i should have around 350whp, and by summers end 400, we'll see how the w58 holds up)

-shaeff

1TuffSupra

Sho' Nuff
Jul 11, 2005
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
cool, thanks man. Please keep me posted on your progress. Have you ever looked into the mkiv NA guys who boost their motors? I found a few of them pushing 4-500 whp with the w58, so I know they can hold the power. I just wish I could register on supraforums.com so I could ask some of those guys as well.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
the w58 on the mkiv has a thicker input shaft. it's the same tranny, but esentially different. thats why it can hold higher horsepower applications.

-shaeff

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
call horsepower freaks, tell them what trannyou have and ask them what your options are. trust me, you have plenty :)