having fun with a 2003 BM E500

cruzian7m

virgin islands native
Jul 31, 2005
phila,pa
I was on the way home (I95) from delaware to phila. when i noticed two sets of headlights coming up fast behind me. At first i did'nt pay them any mind, but one set of lights were bright bluish HIDS, that's when a white ford thunderbird SC coupe flew by me followed by the benz. the t-bird got schooled, at that moment my wifed called me on my cell to remind me to pick up milk,the benz slowed down, i guess saw my apex n1 canister. I told my wife i'll call her back. The benz and i were side by side, and he kept surging forward so i turned my boost controller on (preset for 20psi) and floored it in 5th (no need to down shift). He stayed with me for about 15 seconds then i pulled away by about 3 cars then i backed off; i figured he had enough; i was wrong! He wanted to run again so we did and this time i stayed in it till the needle touched 150mph (that scared the crap out of me). When he finally caught up, all he wanted to know was what kind of car it was,and all i said was STRAIGHT SIX TURBO SUPRA-WITH PRIDE. that was the best night of my married life-including the honeymoon. That night when i got home i went on line to get horsepower specs on that E500(5.0l v8 with 302hp to the fly wheel). My mods are: 7m block bored .020 over,wiseco forged pistons,pauter forged rods,ported head hks vpc(untuned)hks evc-ez,550 rc injectors,full hks exhaust-minus turbo elbow(still stock). Ct 26 turbo with to4 front stock back. Spearco front mount,stock intercooler pipes,rps max series w/six puck sprung hub,one peice drive shaft. I have a T-66 in my closet with a header style mani ,an 40mm wastegate just waiting to go on. PS i removed the HKS dual tip muffler and installed the apex N1.

turbo

Mr. Clean
Apr 27, 2005
Calgary
Nice kill but the amount of mods you have was complete overkill for that kind of benz. I think you could run with the AMG cars.

cruzian7m

virgin islands native
Jul 31, 2005
phila,pa
I don"t think the car is running up to par. According to my technician/friend the cylinders are not balanced. the exhaust pops at idle. He said my lifters are leaking and are making alot of valve train noise, so my valves are not opening up completely. I dynoed the car at englishtown raceway and it only made 300.7 hp to the wheels and 400lbs of torque on a 21psi spike (wastegate can"t hold the boost). hopefully i will get up to run an AMG benz. still in progress. thanks for the reply-i"m new here.