Chi2k5

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Well it was a success!

For all those that didn't want to come, you missed out on one hell'va good time, and some ballistic huge horse power cars.

Next year, if you are in the midwest area or central part of the states, YOU ARE GOING!!!!

BTW, I didn't get to dyno or play with any body because my rear main seal let loose about 1/2 way up there, and I had to deal with a loose fly wheel and slipping clutch.

Nice huh?

turboa7mgte

HECK YES I DID!!!
Mar 30, 2005
Delavan, WI.
Dude!!! that was you!!!! I wanted to talk with you soooooooooooo Bad!!!! I saw the car and I said "that car looks familer, he has the same rims as me"

I didnt even know you were coming to out here.... oh well, mabey next time!!!

MDCmotorsports

SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Yup that was me.

I saw your car at the Brat shop... you shoulda come over and introduced yourself to me and the girl.

Next year, we need to get more supras instead of people just "riding" with other supras.

Name tags would have helped. I was in the "I still play with cars" t-shirt.

I had the dark blue 87 with the Borbet wheels and the group buy sunshade.

Overall the meet was great. Beat the shit out of the car at the drag strip. Talked to alot of people most whose names I can't remember. Enjoyed the cruise to the strip. Made a few mini highway pulls against Grant on the way back.

Great seeing all the Supras in one place.

Like to thank Bob, Grant, and Nelson for a great meet.

Dan

turboa7mgte

HECK YES I DID!!!
Mar 30, 2005
Delavan, WI.
I watched you (Dan) make Several passes and I must say.... your car ran very well. I think you had mid 13's all day which to me is great for the heat and conditions.... GLD is known for having the crappiest conditions unless its "super Chevey Sunday" or shit like that.... It looked to me like the track was very greesey.

one MKIV ran and he did the runs clocks off....

there was 2 MKII's that ran ALL DAY LONG!!!! Thats what I like to see!!!!

The S class had no MKIV's at all.... I guess the didnt want to get beat by Grant and Dan.

Blue87T(Dan)

Mar 30, 2005
St. Clair Shores, MI
Thanks Tim,

I always say I'm only going to make a couple passes but probably had a dozen time slips by the end of the day.

I was having some traction issues on the launch but due to having the original stock clutch, I didn't want to try slipping it that far from home, as it could have been a long limp back.

My best was a 13.5@107 and I felt I should have done better. Grant was the man running low 12's all day.

I was sorry to see you had the fan problems, at least your back up fan saved you from major problems.

Always good to put a face with a screen name.

Dan

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
The meet rocked guys, thanks for coming out! Someone needs to post some pics as I'm a loser and didn't take a single one all damn weekend. :3d_frown:

My best pass of the day was, ironically, the first one of the day...12.08@112. After that the car never hooked quite as well. I'd say it's defintaly time to thow on some stock springs/shocks, tune, and try again.

Maybe we should get a mini-meet going at Morocco, IN US41 dragway in August or September. They have street choas no clock racing on certain Friday nights which draws in some really nice cars.

P

Pokey

wow, congrats on the times grant, well i couldnt make it this year as im too far away, now get her in the 11s, how does the auto feel btw

jeff

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
oneandgone said:
The meet rocked guys, thanks for coming out! Someone needs to post some pics as I'm a loser and didn't take a single one all damn weekend. :3d_frown:

My best pass of the day was, ironically, the first one of the day...12.08@112. After that the car never hooked quite as well. I'd say it's defintaly time to thow on some stock springs/shocks, tune, and try again.

Maybe we should get a mini-meet going at Morocco, IN US41 dragway in August or September. They have street choas no clock racing on certain Friday nights which draws in some really nice cars.

I saw that pass, and I noticed you never getting it that low again :). Nice runs.

**Nudge Nudge** now about that front noise peice :eek::

turboa7mgte

HECK YES I DID!!!
Mar 30, 2005
Delavan, WI.
Hey Grant get a mini meet down by you.... after I pull the motor and fix the oil leak and get the overheating Issue at bay I am going to take you up on your offer and come down and see you and stop down by speed source so I can see the shop that is behind your car....

I had no clue you are stock bottom end until i talked to you at the end of the night..... Just blows me away how smooth that car sounds on the track at those boost levels. Just awsome!!!!

I am down for any meet you can throw my way Grant!!!!

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
Blue87T(Dan) said:
My best was a 13.5@107 and I felt I should have done better.

Dan

that's because you are saving up for the next ky meet. 12 seconds bitches! ;)

wish i coulda made it. perhaps next time.

lanternman

Apr 21, 2005
MI
turboa7mgte said:
I watched you (Dan) make Several passes and I must say.... your car ran very well. I think you had mid 13's all day which to me is great for the heat and conditions.... GLD is known for having the crappiest conditions unless its "super Chevey Sunday" or shit like that.... It looked to me like the track was very greesey.

one MKIV ran and he did the runs clocks off....

The S class had no MKIV's at all.... I guess the didnt want to get beat by Grant and Dan.

I'm going to have to agree with the crappy conditions, otherwise I won't be able to forgive myself for a best of 14.2 at 105. I had one decent launch of the day that might have gotten me into the 13's but I missed the shift into second. :thumbdown I can't complain on the day though since I walked away with a $100 check, now safely tucked away in my bank account. I would have given Grant a run for his money on the last run but I decided to take a head start. :biglaugh: This was my first supra meet and all in all I had a great time. Hopefully my car will be in a condition to dyno at the next one. I didn't do a great job of introducing myself, but I was the really sunburned guy with the black 88 with TT wheels.

MDCmotorsports

SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Ne0z said:
the reason for people 'riding' in others supras... is that 90% of a Supra's lifetime its on Jackstands... the other 10% its hauling other supra owners and thier parts to fix the latter percentage

Yeah so I found out...

I blew the rear main completely out on the way home...

It was only leaking causing the clutch to slip on the way up.

I went through $40 worth of Mobil one to get home.

AAA wanted $600 to tow it all the way home on a dolly from Chicago to Indianapolis.

Oh btw...

Supra Stephe... my girl says she wants your "Willy Wonka Sun Glasses"

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
turboa7mgte said:

Someone who knows what to look for in a meet! Grant's gonna hook me up with a 7mgte donor car before next year... Maybe I'll be able to give him a run for his money by then... heads-up even. :naughty: next year, I'm gonna suggest a little down-town photo-op... or atleast hit some tunnels up for some good video.

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
hey...I had the pile of crap primered black thing that broke a ton of stuff. haha.

I knew my AFR's were really rich before going to GLD...But it sucked paying to race, then having your starter crap out completely, your 3000 pipe to TB connector blow out (4.5 psi fury!!!!), and look like an idiot in front of all the midwest supras! :lol:

it was worth it to see that many mk2's and 3's making passes. Besides, my first pass...I beat Jon's NA-T when his shift knob came off :D

By the way...Tim....Thanks for selling me those drag radials cheap. They rock! The jolt off the line felt awesome....too bad the car fell on its face from lack of boost!