Long Island Tobay meet April 10th

chevyeater

wastegate hose is pulled
Mar 30, 2005
Long Island, NY
My car probably still will not but, I'll try and get down there just to hang out for a bit. You up and running again Kirk? Wellington was telling me you were suffereng from the same turbo ailment as me.

-Brian

SupraKirk

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Long Island, NY
www.mk3.us
chevyeater said:
My car probably still will not but, I'll try and get down there just to hang out for a bit. You up and running again Kirk? Wellington was telling me you were suffereng from the same turbo ailment as me.

-Brian
Hi Brian, my Supra should be there...I picked it up Saturday and the shop took it back Monday...a few wiring issues it seems. It also turned out my CT-26 60-1 bit the big one when my engine blew so the shop got a stock one for me :( I'm in break-in time now anyway so it's not a big deal yet. I hope to get the car back Wednesday. Hopefully will see you there!

Here are some recent pics: http://www.mk3.us/kirk/pics.asp

chevyeater

wastegate hose is pulled
Mar 30, 2005
Long Island, NY
SupraKirk said:
Hi Brian, my Supra should be there...I picked it up Saturday and the shop took it back Monday...a few wiring issues it seems. It also turned out my CT-26 60-1 bit the big one when my engine blew so the shop got a stock one for me :( I'm in break-in time now anyway so it's not a big deal yet. I hope to get the car back Wednesday. Hopefully will see you there!

Here are some recent pics: http://www.mk3.us/kirk/pics.asp

The rebuild looks great Kirk! :) Sorry to hear about the teething issues but, welcome to the club!

I'll be helping another member pull his engine in the morning. Hopefully everything will go smoothly and we'll be washed up and at Tobay before missing anything.

1sic7- Cool! We'll be on the lookout. I'll probably be in my '05 Silverado pickup.

YoNkErS87t

streetside mechanic
Mar 31, 2005
In the Garage
So how many of you were at the meet at Tobay beach, I mean oak beach. What was up with troopers out there.

Kirk was that you in the white Supra, I was traveling opposite off you in a Black one.

SupraKirk

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Long Island, NY
www.mk3.us
YoNkErS87t said:
So how many of you were at the meet at Tobay beach, I mean oak beach. What was up with troopers out there.

Kirk was that you in the white Supra, I was traveling opposite off you in a Black one.

Yeah I was on line for Tobay, turns out they had already shut it down and were just turning us away. I found out a little later about Oak Beach but I was already past Jones Beach so I decided to just drive around (engine is in break-in period). I really don't get how someone plans a huge meet and doesn't have permits or anything.

SupraKirk

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Long Island, NY
www.mk3.us
Put-it-in-your-Mouth said:
KIRK what up baby

its Lali. your engine looks good

Lali,
You have the craziest user names.

It is nice to be driving her again...few little kinks to work out but still better than a civic any day. Hope you are doing well.
Later,
Kirk