Need help with AVC-R

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
I've just installed an AVC-R, and everything checks out during the sensory check. It displays the boost pressure correctly, but I can't adjust the boost. I can set it for .20 bar, but it continues to hit .60, no matter what it's set for.

Everything appears to be routed correctly, what am I missing?

Last edited:

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
thesupraman said:
.2 bar is 3psi. You are hitting .6 bar because 8 psi is as low as your wastegate will allow. You can go up from there, but not down.

Thanks, That makes perfect sense. :eek:
Idealsupra said:
correct sir...

mark you suck at this game :D

I've already admitted that, so bite me. :biglaugh:

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
by the way...you realize you have the most complicated boost controller on the market... and by just setting the boost higher you arent doing too much...you need to adjust the duty to make the boost go up properly ;) among many other things to take full advantage of the unit :D

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
Idealsupra said:
by the way...you realize you have the most complicated boost controller on the market... and by just setting the boost higher you arent doing too much...you need to adjust the duty to make the boost go up properly ;) among many other things to take full advantage of the unit :D

Yeah, I'm learning as I go. It might be the most complicated, but it sure was cheap. :icon_cool You'll have to give me some pointers later.

whopwood

Jun 27, 2005
Madison, WI
I also shimmed the wastegate so that I was at 70% duty cycle. I think there is one tiny mention in the manual about it liking 70%. It seems easier to adjust if it is near that range.