Status
Not open for further replies.

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
well.... heres my crappy xs power turbo

i've sanded and polished the daylights out of the comp cover and it hasn't broken.. good sign LOL

had to change out the ex housing as spool at 6000rpm didn't seem to nice to me :p

so here's a couple of pics of it :)

newturbo1.jpg

newturbo2.jpg

newturbo3.jpg

PRpimp3o3

da puerto rican supra man
Apr 2, 2005
CO
is that the 1 from ebay that comes as a kit for 400 or somewhere around there?

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
I would say its a great turbo. Those who have used them have no problems with them at all.

likewise the only one I have EVER seen "blown up" was totally shattard in two.

It looked as though an object smashed into the impeller or was sucked in rather than self destruction..that was a year ago...and havent seen ANYTHIGN since...

searched on the DSM and Honda forums too! NOTHING!

-Jonathan

PRpimp3o3

da puerto rican supra man
Apr 2, 2005
CO
so would you suggest to get 1 of those turbo kits off of ebay from ss auto chrome? because it comes with an xs power turbo

SupraKirk

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Long Island, NY
www.mk3.us
siman said:
I would say its a great turbo. Those who have used them have no problems with them at all.

likewise the only one I have EVER seen "blown up" was totally shattard in two.

It looked as though an object smashed into the impeller or was sucked in rather than self destruction..that was a year ago...and havent seen ANYTHIGN since...

searched on the DSM and Honda forums too! NOTHING!

-Jonathan

There are tons of negative posts on the honda-tech.com forum, and look at the pics of the separated housing in this post:
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1096849

blackout_89t

King of the roll
Apr 25, 2005
Toronto
I have said it before and I will say it again....

The xs power turbos that break in half are the tiny t3/t4 turbos.

The to4's are fine.

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
wNzA3OTAzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

If you look closely....you can SEE that the person who had this turbo PRYED it apart......look closely at the edges.

:rolleyes: , and that was TONS of info on the thing seperating. Most of the honda-tech crew are idiot ricers anyhow......thats why I rarely post anything on that sight....other than the welding and tech forums.

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
suprra_girl said:
also i just had one other comment

if the housing fell off

how come the compressor wheel looks so good ;)
i wouldnt expect it to magically fall of when the car aint running

that infact just proved my hypothesis correct.

Some idiot honda kids decided to pry apart the housing...you can clearly see metal lay back as they pryed it with some sort of knife or flat head scredriver......

and yes, the impeller blades are PERFECTLY FINE...

I call BS on the honda guys claiming they fall apart.

-Jonathan

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
siman said:
I posted my thoughts ( same as some others here ) for you guys on that honda-tech thread.

-Jonathan
Captain MISINFORMATION strikes yet again!

I can't sit back and watch Siman make Supra owners look like morons on the Honda Forum!

The marks he's talking about are where the 2 halves were tack welded together, does anyone actually think they rely on Epoxy to hold the 2 halves together?

My guess is it was on a 4 cylinder and the inherent vibration has broken the welds then the Epoxy has failed, not a real issue on a 6 cylinder.

As for them being as good quality as any Turbo bit of a hint most Comp covers are cast in one piece you get what you pay for!

Have a look at this pic I've circled each weld!

welds2.jpg

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
IJ. said:
Captain MISINFORMATION strikes yet again!

I can't sit back and watch Siman make Supra owners look like morons on the Honda Forum!

The marks he's talking about are where the 2 halves were tack welded together, does anyone actually think they rely on Epoxy to hold the 2 halves together?

My guess is it was on a 4 cylinder and the inherent vibration has broken the welds then the Epoxy has failed, not a real issue on a 6 cylinder.

As for them being as good quality as any Turbo bit of a hint most Comp covers are cast in one piece you get what you pay for!

Have a look at this pic I've circled each weld!

welds2.jpg

Then how on IJ's holy green earth do you think the housing came apart?

what the hell are you doing back here anyways, mr. "I quit" :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.