My 89T soon to no longer be my DD

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
I'm staying in the Toyota family though and my new car will have 225hp out of an NA V6. Since I was spoiled by the sport roof on the Supra I cannot have a solid top any more and being more than 6' tall the MR2 Spyder was out of the question.

I know some of you will balk at the idea of an FWD car but I am on the list for a 2006 Solara Convertible for my DD. Adding this car to my garage will allow me to finally start some bigger projects with the Supra - bigger than the typical "what can I get done in a weekend and have the car back on the road again for work on Monday morning?"

The Supra will enjoy only the nicest of nicest days as soon as Vegas is over this year.

I know my Supra may get a little jealous but with a 20 mile commute each way to work I'll feel better during the drive and looking at my gas bill while not putting any more miles on my Supra.

For those that don't know. I have an 89T that I picked up in 1996 with just 50k miles on it. Since then I have driven the Supra HARD for nearly 130K miles. The engine has never been rebuilt or tweaked - other than a retorque at 74k miles and the turbo is still the original one with no rebuild at all. I feel this is a strong testiment to the quality of the Supra.

I have never suffered the dreaded BHG problem that plagued many of you.

I'll still be around but may not post as often as I'll be deep in some bigger projects over this winter and into the future. I have definite goals with my Supra and having the Solara in the garage will help make those plans possible.

KeithH
89T

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
Patience...

After missing their first delivery window and readjusting earlier this week, I just got word that the status on my Solara has changed to "GROUND". That means it is somewhere here in Portland. WOOHOO!

Of course now I have to figure out how to finance the MkIII projects now that I'll have a car payment again. :(

This will finally give me time to work on those projects that I can't do in a weekend and have the car back together again for the drive to work on Monday morning.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
yea having a cheep daily driver that doesnt suck your $$ is REALLY helpfull i went 6 months without mine driving my winter beater and by christmas i could afford to buy myself a good $1000 worth of beginner mods at once on a part time job.