Death to Advanced Auto Parts

solid400

Apr 8, 2005
Atlanta GA
So my starter was going bad so I got a new one from Advanced Auto parts. I spent all day putting it in, real pain in the ass as everyone knows. So i'm driving back from the military base auto hobby shop, and stop for a bite to eat at McDonalds. When I come back out, my car won't start. Everything seems ok, just won't crank at all. I tried everything I could think of, tested the battery everything. So finally I push start it and take it to a mechanic. Just got called from them. The starter I just bought, was bad. They sold me a faulty starter. Pisses me off to no end, I will never buy another thing from them. I also missed a day of work for it too which really sucks.

spoolme

supra4umsfreak
May 9, 2005
Roswell, NM
could it be a bad spot on your flywheel. my nextdoor neighbor thought it was his starter and tried everything and then he turned the crank a little bit and then tried to start it and it did start.

solid400

Apr 8, 2005
Atlanta GA
It was the starter, just got it back from the shop. I got a refund for the starter, but still had to pay 100 bucks to get the new one installed

P

Pokey

i dont think missing a day at work when you work for the military is something to complain about :nono:

Justin727

T-virus infected
Try O'reilly's. Their Reman startes are pretty good! The only thing They reuse is the casing and it looks brand new. The internals are all brand new so you don't have to worry about it like advanced and most of autozones reman stuff that they only replace what was broken in the core starter they recieved. O'reilly's installs new internals..

L

lanky189

Justin727 said:
like advanced and most of autozones reman stuff that they only replace what was broken in the core starter they recieved. O'reilly's installs new internals..

Yeah..so that's wrong.

First: Advance Auto Parts themselves do not rebuild/reman the starters.
Second: Any import starter is completely reman'd save for the casing.
Third: You can file a warrantly claim with Advance and most likely they will reimburse you for the book value of the job. I.E. the going rate for labor times the number of hours the job should take.

I don't care for the title of this thread as I am an Advance Auto Parts Employee, and you are wishing the organization that employees me full time to "die" Suppose I should start a thread entitled "Death to the Armed Forces" In which I completely degrade all the armed forces in America because one of thier fighter jets made a low pass over my house and made my piss myself..

Yeah...

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
:rofl: :rofl:

that happened to me on memorial day, this year. holy shit man.

i was sleeping and all of a sudden i wake up to hear the loudest jet engine howl i've ever heard. i thought i was going to die. i ran to my window and saw TWO fighter jets flying by right over my head. god i love the air force!

...about 40 mins later, two more flew by. crazy.

L

lanky189

CtSupra said:
:rofl: :rofl:

that happened to me on memorial day, this year. holy shit man.

i was sleeping and all of a sudden i wake up to hear the loudest jet engine howl i've ever heard. i thought i was going to die. i ran to my window and saw TWO fighter jets flying by right over my head. god i love the air force!

...about 40 mins later, two more flew by. crazy.

heh..i love it too... :p

E

eremyj

Yeah, you can't blame me and lanky for getting a bad starter from us. We just hand it to you and take your money. What I would suggest is having the seller of the product test it before you leave the store with it. It is free.....

Justin727

T-virus infected
lanky189 said:
Yeah..so that's wrong.

First: Advance Auto Parts themselves do not rebuild/reman the starters.
Second: Any import starter is completely reman'd save for the casing.
Third: You can file a warrantly claim with Advance and most likely they will reimburse you for the book value of the job. I.E. the going rate for labor times the number of hours the job should take.

I don't care for the title of this thread as I am an Advance Auto Parts Employee, and you are wishing the organization that employees me full time to "die" Suppose I should start a thread entitled "Death to the Armed Forces" In which I completely degrade all the armed forces in America because one of thier fighter jets made a low pass over my house and made my piss myself..

Yeah...

maybe i should have made myself more clear... Of course the company themselves dont rebuild these things. They buy em off the companies that do. I have no problem with advanced auto. I rarely shop there because pretty much everytime i go there their pricing is a little high. I myself am an O'Reilly's employee and no I don't hate on everyone elses products. But i know most of the zones stuff is just that rebuilt. Took the core and fixed what was wrong with it...

7mgte3sgte

Wreckinyard scavenger
Apr 5, 2005
Boyd, Texas
home.earthlink.net
Im sorry but zone sucks ass they wont hire anyone with real car knowledge i know i tried in the past if you know too much they dont want you there anyways O'riely's is basicaly my fav place to go to but thats for more basic parts anyting else is done online

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
ok, first, Advance Auto will match or beat any price.

Second, all of the import starters at Advance Auto, O'Rielly's, Autozone and I think Napa, are manufactured by the same people. That would be World Class Remanufacturing.

Third, Advance usually hires people with prior automotive or parts knowledge, and wants most of their employees to be ASE Parts Certified.

Fourth, Usually the prices are comparable with other stores anyhow.

Fifth, I work for advance Auto, and I have worked for O'Reilly and Autozone in the Past.

Sixth, That is all.

Justin727

T-virus infected
Gixxer! goto work and look me up a price on a radiator for a 78 VW bus, Also a thermostat. btw O'Reilly will beat or match anyones price as well. iirc autozone does too. You would be wrong about napa they pretty much have their own companies when it comes to parts. But i seriously doubt that all 3 parts stores have the same companies that put out to these stores the samethings. Maybe some common names like fel pro, bca, and what not. AutoZones system sucks ass. Advances system i like its very up to date. O'reillys is alright I can quickly zip thru everything and get things fast. o and btw my buddy with little to know mechanical or very much parts knowledge works at advanced! :biglaugh:

E

eremyj

Justin727 said:
o and btw my buddy with little to know mechanical or very much parts knowledge works at advanced! :biglaugh:

Looks like you have little to NO grammatical knowledge

L

lanky189

LOL.. well Fisher (Federated Auto Parts) Advance, Autozone, all use World Class

beyond that.. what gixxer has said is true. Having worked at Autozone..they have absolutely no push to inform the employees where as at Advance you are strongly encouraged to get ASE certified ( I am btw.) They help educate you to the basics of car knowledge thru testing regularly.. the computer systems are far more updated than any other parts place I've been too, and the PDQ system makes for quick turn around on the parts we need to order.

If you have issues with a product..go talk to the store manager, he will do what he can for you, just don't go in pissed as hell and raising cane, we're human too, and we've been there as well,

Justin727

T-virus infected
eremyj said:
Looks like you have little to NO grammatical knowledge

Looks like you have no supra, no supra knowledge, only 2 post probably here to back up lanky that i have no problem with since you both work at the same place, and claim to be an OT whore with only 2 post. Also no real car...
This is a forum. I always see someone calling out on peoples grammar skills. Honestly who really gives a flying fuck? I know all the time when i'm talking to someone on AIM or AOL everyone uses short cuts that are understandable and easier to type then the perfect sentence. So are you telling me on any forum you're on you use proper sentences and punctuation where needed? I seriously doubt it. Now I didn't say a damn word to you nor ask for your flamming!? Ya know it really pisses me off when I see someone not just you in general but many other people post something about grammar when thats the only thing they can say... Just seems like someone is trying to stir up shit to make themselves look better. In your case you didn't make yourself look better nor did you accomplish anything. I understand you were taking up for advance thats great even tho i wouldnt care too much to take up for any of the parts stores i have worked at..
But in all honesty if you are here just to flame someone over grammar and not making the perfect sentence on a FORUM where short cuts are used everytime.. please leave there is no sense in trolling or trying to flame someone. It doesn't make you look superior to anyone but just points out the fact you're here to try and stir up trouble.
Thank you