Similar to the "when I go over 100 mph" thread

Turkish

Apr 4, 2005
I have a similar problem when I step on it a bit my check engine light comes on and stays on till I turn the car off and back on it goes away, pulled codes today and got a code 52 knock sensor signal. I have a couple extra knock sensors laying around if that is what it means that a sensor is bad, or does it actually mean the wires connecting the knock sensor to the ecu are fubared? Didn't want to highjack the other guys thread.

Johnny Dangerously

I can eat planets
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX..
Turkish said:
I have a similar problem when I step on it a bit my check engine light comes on and stays on till I turn the car off and back on it goes away, pulled codes today and got a code 52 knock sensor signal. I have a couple extra knock sensors laying around if that is what it means that a sensor is bad, or does it actually mean the wires connecting the knock sensor to the ecu are fubared? Didn't want to highjack the other guys thread.

either or...for me, it was the actual sensor. for some..its the shittay wires.

Turkish

Apr 4, 2005
coo I need to swap out my cps and see if this other one I bought will fix the misfire problems I am having, so I will swap out the knock sensors too.

Johnny Dangerously

I can eat planets
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX..
Turkish said:
coo I need to swap out my cps and see if this other one I bought will fix the misfire problems I am having, so I will swap out the knock sensors too.

coo, for me it was just one knock sensor that was bad. I did the process of elimination check...had one extra KS and one hour of time :)...tried it on one, no go, tried it on the other..bingo!

if you have snake arms, they are pretty easy to get to :)