Exhaust question

PynkEye

Mar 30, 2005
ok, i got my BIC DP, and my 3inch Muffler.

I went to one shop...asked me 400$ for crushed bent from dp to exhaust :aigo: whatever. 2nd guy is mendrel, but he dosnt do it, unless I put a 300+ $ Cat (or else its illegal).

What are my options ? Can I make my own exhaust...from dp to muffler...get me some 3inch from Home Depot mendrel.. its pretty straight forward...straight with 2 90deg. bends.

What do you think ?

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
I think you should get a cheapo used cat, have them make you a cat-back installed with THAT cat, then take it home and replace it with a test pipe.

Disco Stu

Unaturally Aspirated
Apr 6, 2005
Forth Worth
Yeah, I agree w/ drunk. Find or borrow some junk used cat from another mkiii guy in the area and use that. Even a brand new Random Tech cat isn't that expensive - what a ripoff.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Yeah.. he's like "I can give you a GREAT deal on a mandrel bent exhaust, but LEGALLY, I have to rip you off with this overpriced catalytic converter for emissions purposes".

Tell him that you have a catalytic converter, and he WON'T be fined because YOU WILL BRING IT [and bring it with you]. You might do well to buy a 2-hole exhaust flange for him to weld on to the cat side of the cat-back that he welds up for you - so you can bolt the cat right on. He probably wants to weld one in - fuq that.

PynkEye

Mar 30, 2005
think ill be me some straight 3inch...with 2 x 90degree bends....and just weld em up.

or

Get me a 3inch ..leave the stock DP.....then install the dp..cut the exhaust lol..