new supra?!!!

macsupra76

May 17, 2005
Calgary AB
I have read in the new issue of motor trend ( i think it was motor trend)
that the new supra ( if it's going to be called a supra), will be coming out 2007, it will feature an all wheel drive setup adapted from Honda.
Also to that, Toyota has been said to join the rally circuit agien soon, WRC, with an all-wheel drive turbo corolla. :aigo:

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
UMM.
old news. its going to be a lexus and not a supra. its also going to be using a V-6 or V-8 not an I6

bluemax

The Family Man
Mar 30, 2005
Orange County, CA
Actually there is a Supra Mk V and a Lexus. Not the same vehicle. The Lexas is more of an exotic. The Mk V is going head to head with Nissan 350Z at the low end and Skyline GT-R at the high end.
I also hear the GT-R is going to be imported to the US in 2007. So the rice burner competition is really going to heat up and probably out perform the US sports cars (even the Corvette).

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
OMG, not this endless speculation AGAIN.

This thing is vaporware, and anyone who knows anything isn't talking. The only things I think we can absolutely be certain of are thus:
- A new Supra will be released.
- Anyone who claims to know more than this is usually full of shit.

Thread moved.

SupraNBama

Apr 1, 2005
Anniston,Alabama
the nissan gt-r comes to us in 07 as well....awd400hp unknown on if they are going i6-v6-v8 its in the new import racer magazine. yes the supra is coming out next year as well...and yes the domestic car companies are in trouble in the racing area

bluemax

The Family Man
Mar 30, 2005
Orange County, CA
I just read in Motor Trend or Automotive magazine about the GT-R.
As far as the Supra, Toyota keeps everything under wraps real good. My friend at Toyota they won't come out with either a Supra exotic or a Mk V Supra because Toyota's into mass market cars. Supras aren't mass market cars. Then again, he told me he checked around the office and Supras don't have a reported head gasket problem. That tells you how much Toyota engineers are in tune with their vehicles.
But these automotive magazines really keep their ears to the ground. I heard over a year ago from one of the mags about the Lexus IS going to a V8 to compete with the BMW M3. Of course my friend said it isn't going to happen. And now it looks like its happening.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
u prolly werent on the old site, there was prolly like 5000 post about "the new supra"

"the MKIV out in june" u know crap like that. it just got old, you know how hard it is to get info about a good car from a decent company, its impossible. no one can be trusted.

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
GrimJack said:
Tell that to the Ariel Atom. If that thing gets imported over here, the big sports cars are in serious trouble.

It has...plenty have. You can ask them to have it LHD and U.S. ready. Most of them sell for around $48k-$52k depending on options. "One off" versions are also availible

As far as a Supra getting SH-AWD, thats bullshit. If they wanted AWD on that they already have AWD on IS300s in Europe and probably here too on the SportCross.

Once there is some REAL information about the "next Supra", it'll be all over the net with plenty of reputable sources and Toyota will also have some info themselves.

And for the last freakin time:
THEREWILLBENOMORESUPRA.jpg

bluemax

The Family Man
Mar 30, 2005
Orange County, CA
The things I've heard is Toyota is missing the band wagon. Nissan has been very successful with the 350Z and the G35 that Toyota wants in on the sales. Toyota will also have to compete with the introduction of the Skyline in the US.
So there's not much choice. They have to come up with a performance vehicle, or loose out to Nissan with their full line of performance vehicles.
And don't forget, Ford has the new Mustang. That's going to take a bite out of sales.
Its all up to marketing.

Ne0z

Apr 2, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota, United States
aye mate said:
The new supra will be a SC'ed 4 banger. FWD.......and will retain the MKIV wing.

at least its not a v8... lol

if it does come out it will turn out like shit like all the other cars whose new big brothers are a bunch of pussy ass bitches...

ie:
300ZX > 350Z -- old engine was capable of an easy 500hp without spending ur life saving to make it fast... the 350Z however... ugh, Greddy TWIN TURBO kit.. people are all amazed when this car with that however many thousand dollar kit make 400hp... hmm...
400hp 300ZX - 12k for car... 5k into engine... TOTAL = 17k
400hp 350Z - 30k for car... 8k into engine... TOTAL = 38k
Final Ruling - 350Z is junk

RX7 > RX8 -- Ran 13's out of the box and is possibly one of the best handling cars of the 90's... 300+HP out the the RX7 is childs play... RX8... 25k for a car whos torque is outdone EASILY by 3000$ 80's cars... hmm...
FINAL RULING - RX8 = JUNK!!!

so those are two of the top imports that competed with the Supra in the 90's...
so what is next for the supra if it is ever released with that badging again...

Chances are a bastardized V8 pile that can maybe go in a straight line but as soon as a turbo is thrown on it it gains a while 50hp before the engine blows...