raising up

willfish

been here since 2003
Apr 23, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
I lowered my shit last summer and I hate mto say it , but, it's too low.
I got them Tokico struts w/ tems and some H&R springs.

I love the look, but to be honest, my Maxx evo bumper sit prolly only about 3 inches from the ground.

I am running some 235/40/17's
I like the low pro look, and would really like to keep it, but what size / and what can I do to raise it up just an inch or so ,, so I can clear and not have to worry about bumps.

Would a 235/45/17 , or A 225 35 18 raise me up a half inch or so ????

really need some advise in this one

Will

ohh and the fucking guy at the tire shop , all he said was to change the suspension back to normal

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
Hey, Will! Glad you're still around some!

Taller sidewalls will raise it a bit, but not much. From what I hear H+R's give the lowest drop of all the spring kits aside from coilovers. Get out the tape and measure from the ground to the bottom of your bumper and I'll do the same. I'm running a Bilstein/Eibach combo. Maybe Eibach's would suite your taste better.

willfish

been here since 2003
Apr 23, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
I'll measure tomorrw , those H&R's and tokico's were put in last summer and i only put on some thirteen hundred miles on the ride so I'd hate like hell to have to buy new springs since those are pretty new still,,, you know ?

Will

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
If you're lucky, you'll find someone who is willing to trade springs here. Lots of folks like the low look, someone might have bought springs and want it lower yet...

Bigger tires won't help much, if at all. You'll need two inches of tire radius to get one more inch of clearance, and that's a LOT of extra rubber.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
you know.......

i might be willing to trade. i have eibachs with new stock TEMS struts. the drop makes the car look the way it is supposed to look, not like a 4x4.

i would like it to sit a little lower. let me know if you are interested.

PHILLYSUPRA

serious
Jun 29, 2005
philly
just go out and buy the tanabe gf210's, i got a set on my car and they sit low but not too low. they are firm enough to not allow sagging on corners and strong enough to plant the ass down on accel.

AGlobalThreat

Acceleration
Apr 4, 2005
Santa Clarita
If you want to sell the springs PM me with your price and I'll buy them. I've been waiting forever to get H&R's but nobody ever sells them. I was planning on just buying brand new so just let me know if you want to sell. :)

Look how high I sit, I can fit the top half of my head in the fender, and slide all the way under the car with ease when it's not jacked up. Help me out please! :1zhelp: :1zhelp:
untitled3.bmp

willfish

been here since 2003
Apr 23, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
too funny you guy's.......

Grant, I think I have about 2.5 inches from my bumper to the ground. I think IJ gave me a good suggestion, but i think its going to be a pain in the ass taking off each spring/strut..........

Will