Tons O' questions

madseacow

Apr 2, 2005
Buda, Tx
got the poopra up and running and am now just working out the bugs, heres a few. oil press and colant temp gauge not working. only running 6 psi (was originaly an auto so is the waste gate set to 6?) pops alot when not under throttle (have nothing behind test pipe cat) also since sogi's down can anyone tell me what's involved in a head re-torque (I bought arp head bolts cause some time some where I figure I'll need 'em) also anyone try the thermo tec turbo wrap? is it worth it? cause the turbo heat is making the intercooler pretty useless.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
your OP and water temp gauges arent working cause you dont have them hooked up the right way, or the connections are loose, or there is a break in those wires some where.

billspreston01

Jun 2, 2005
North Carolina
wow, I was wondering the same thing about the auto boost, I never knew the auto only put out 6psi. I did the 5spd swap and I'm only getting 6 lbs. how can I fix that? just shim the wastegate? or mbc? at idle and low rpm in any gear my gauge says -4 is that normal too?

I<3Supras

Drft What do u mean drft?
Mar 31, 2005
Southern, Ca
Opps sorry had to edit thought you were running a aftermarket which you are not. Man this heat is getting to me... yes -4 vac is normal at idle

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
vacuum is normal when your engine is not under load. (That's the correct terminology, right?)

as for the 6 PSI on the auto tranny, I thought that was due to somthing in regards to the mechanics of the tranny, not the WG spring?

madseacow

Apr 2, 2005
Buda, Tx
well I'm running an NA tranny, speaking of... my clutch is slipping (new na clutch) is there any way to get a stronger clutch in there (will the T clutch fit?) or should I start shopping for a tranny? also I've got way less vac then -4 at idle. with throttle (not load) I get down to 20 sometimes.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
call horsepower freaks and tell them you want a clutch for your w58, ask what your options are. despite what it may seem like on the online shopping section, you have many options.

madseacow

Apr 2, 2005
Buda, Tx
ok, I've been doing some reading... what was I supposed to do during the "break in period" I didn't drop the clutch or anything but it's slipping at high RPM shifts

boricuadotnet

Jul 18, 2005
Justin said:
as for the 6 PSI on the auto tranny, I thought that was due to somthing in regards to the mechanics of the tranny, not the WG spring?

is this true did i just shim my wastegate for nothing???

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
Jee, thats alot of questions...let me get my wheelbarrow handy:
09172.jpg

thesupraman

Smirker
May 15, 2005
Frenchtown, NJ
Justin said:
vacuum is normal when your engine is not under load. (That's the correct terminology, right?)

Nope. Just a lighter spring in the actuator. The auto trans is weaker than the manual, so Toyota did this to make the auto trans last longer.