emmisions check in FL??

toyo prformnce

May 13, 2005
Cincinnati, OH
i know this has nothing to do with supra or anything, but does anyone know if like pensecola, st augustine, tampa, destin, or the panhandle has an emisions check??

im about to (jdm) 1jz swap my supra and it doesnt have emission shit..

someone please let me know

Thanks, Beau

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
they dont do shit...lol...there is no yearly or anything testing like in other states...

technically ANY modification to an exhaust is illegal here BUT only the dickhead cops enforce it....

so as long as you are smart and dont run into any asshole cops with nothing better to do...as ive found lol.....theres no problems with modifying your car...

street- what part you moving to?

solid400

Apr 8, 2005
Atlanta GA
As far as I know, FL is pretty easy to get away with anything. I've seen cars all neon'd out driving around and tint like a limo on all kinds of cars. But for sure, no vehicle inspections for registration

JD7Monster

Jul 6, 2005
Orlando, FL
I live in FL, my supra has a jdm motor with no emissions, or exhaust for that matter..
Its suprisingly quiet, and cops dont mind..
as long as your not being an ass they wont mess with you.

JD7Monster

Jul 6, 2005
Orlando, FL
Yep, my tail lights have been stuck on, burnt out, numerous times because of that stupid lil sensor in back.. Same situation, people tell me about it, cops dont bother me. -knocks on wood-

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
Orion ZyGarian said:
Tampa is the only place I'd heard of getting exhaust tickets, and thats only if you have a buzzing Honda with a monstrous fartcan

not true...any asshole cop will pull anyone over just to give them a hard time and ticket...ask me how i know :rolleyes: