Accomplished something yesterday

MA70Supra88

Boostless
Mar 31, 2005
Boerne, TX
I bought a set of valve covers for my car a while back with hopes of getting them powdercoated some sort of gunmetal color to match my wheels. A few months went by until I finally came to the realization that I am poor and can't afford to spend the money on having the valve covers powdercoated. It was at this point that I grabbed the rattlecan and painted them black. I ordered a new set of gaskets and bolts to fix the leaking issues I was having and went to work.

Intake Removed:
covers_1.jpg

Goodbye Y Pipe and Throttle Body:
covers_2.jpg

First Cover off:
covers_3.jpg

The new hotness awaiting installation:
covers_4.jpg

Black covers installed w/ new hardware:
covers_5.jpg

Y Pipe back in place:
covers_6.jpg

All back together:
covers_7.jpg

covers_8.jpg

Parked at work in need of a wash:
covers_10.jpg

The car fired up and ran fine afterwards, no problems whatsoever. It only took me about two hours taking my time. Overall I'm pretty happy with the results, I only wish I would have had the money to spend on a JBL cover to clean up that mess around the sparkplugs better.

grsupra87

Let's go Pens!!
NICE! jbl cover...can you explain to me? I just changed my valve cover gaskets, they were leaking...and I know what you mean with the mess around the where the plugs are. I cleaned as best as I could but needs to be better. I don't know what a jbl cover is though..(I feel dumb)...Thanks