hmm knock

PynkEye

Mar 30, 2005
Ok, this is starting to piss me off.
Ive had code 52 for quite some time now. I have rewired without grounds. still there...so I made grounds today. Code poped up again. I checked my front KS, and when I hit it...I get voltage so It should be good. Now my last option is the rear ks that is shitted. I just tried anything before having to remove that bitchass starter and ks.

Know I have one last question. Can code 52 pop up....and be something else than ---rewire---faulty ks--- like bad timing ?? bad fuel filter (runing lean causes knock) you get the point...something else...than the ks and wires.

Thanks

PynkEye

Mar 30, 2005
IHI-RHC7 said:
bad gas?
If your special, you can remove the KS without removing the starter... ;)

ya by loosening the starter enough..i barely got the connector out doing that...could of loosend it even more i guess...just hate getting that bolt :p

bad gas hmmm Ill change my fuel filter....and im runnin 91 and 94 octane every 2 weeks..so I dont understand

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
A code 52 has to do with an open or short in the knock sensor signal. A code 52 is either bad wiring (most common reason), a faulty knock sensor(rare but it has happened), or a faulty ECU(I personally haven’t heard of this happening). You will not get a code 52 because the sensor is detecting knock. This is the main thing most people don't realize with a code 52. A knock will not cause a code 52, faulty wiring or a bad sensor will cause it.

PynkEye

Mar 30, 2005
k cool...well I guess that leaves me with a bad rear knocksensor.....damn...damn....damn

oh did I say DAMN