Starter or ignition switch

solid400

Apr 8, 2005
Atlanta GA
Hey guys, been having a recurring problem where after driving my car and shutting it off, I have to wait for a good 30 minutes or so before I can start it back up. If I turn the key everything gets power but it doesn't crank at all. I can hear the electric fans running and the car won't start till its cool enough that the electric fans shut off so I figure my starter is going bad. I whats the odds its the starter and whats the odds its the ignition switch? and where is the best place to get a starter, or a rebuilt one at least. Oh and I just bought a new battery so thats not it.

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
Try and jumper power directly to the starter and see if it starts. if it does... then check the ignition switch, starter relay, theft computer, clutch switch. shouldn't take too long to isolate the problem.
Let us know how it goes.
-jake

solid400

Apr 8, 2005
Atlanta GA
alright its definetly the starter, just got a rebuilt one from autozone gonna throw it in this weekend. Then I get to see how hard this starter motor really is to put in. Thanks guys and wish me luck, gotta do it by myself.