Started the swap

eps

Mar 31, 2005
usa
I picked up the clip yesterday from Venus for $2,000 out the door and Poi_Dog had the motor out the same night. Today we finished stripping the clip of everything and took it back to Venus. Tomorrow Poi_Dog is going to be doing the wiring and we hope to have everything ready to drop it into my car by Monday or Tuesday.

We pretty much took everything except for a few obvious things you can see in the pictures. We aren’t going to be using it all so if you need something from the clip shoot me a PM.

PICTURES!
http://photobucket.com/albums/y188/phjeerable/1jz/

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Manual tranny too - nice price. Good luck with getting it all done in your time frame. So long as you are good with crimping/soldering, it looks like you will have it in no problem, especially with how motivated you are from the start. Picked up and stripped in a day? Nice. Let us know how it goes!

eps

Mar 31, 2005
usa
streetknight said:
got evey thing else all set(wiring and other misc. things)?

He’s going to start on it tomorrow. He has a 1.5jz in his car right now, just waiting for some intercooler pipes and exhaust so he can drive it.

drunk_medic said:
Manual tranny too - nice price. Good luck with getting it all done in your time frame. So long as you are good with crimping/soldering, it looks like you will have it in no problem, especially with how motivated you are from the start. Picked up and stripped in a day? Nice. Let us know how it goes!

We are shooting for it to all be done and have all the kinks worked out before next weekend for the big NorCal meet on the 23rd.

eps

Mar 31, 2005
usa
Well we finished up the wiring today. Actually Poi_Dog finished it. It's all his work!

p43056_1.jpg

p43056_2.jpg

p43056_3.jpg

Now all we need is the PS hose made and the oil presure bolt. We will get that stuff tomorrow and hopefully drop it in. If nothing goes wrong it should be done before the meet.

Some bonus pictures. First is Poi_Dog's 1.5jz, which just needs a few things to be finished.

p43056_4.jpg

lilazni3uoy stopped by and lent a hand. He just got some MkIV rims and they look good. Too bad his front bumper and sinde fender are fucked.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

eps

Mar 31, 2005
usa
Started it today and drove it. We finished it at about midnight and I’ve been driving it until like 5am. It’s so much fun! The only thing is the tach doesn’t work but we will fix that.

Look for some videos soon!