Cam Position Sensor Please Help!! and Idling problems

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
Ok so heres the deal so far. I had a blown HG and put in a MHG when taking apart and putting everything together i forgot to mark the position that the Cam position Sensor was at, When the cams were lined up and the Timing belt removed. Now that everything is back together. I can not seem to get the timing right on the car. The Cams are lined up fine along with the Crank at 0 but When i start the Car the Engines idles really rough and the Engine itself Shakes side to side quite Hard. I was not sure what to put the Cam position sensor at and i set it at the G2 Pickup i have had the best results with this so far and having the Crank at 5 mark instead of the 0 mark. But it is no where near a the smooth idle it used to be before i took everything apart. Please help i need to know what my problems might be and what is the default position for the Cam position Sensor. So i can get that lined up correctly again.

billspreston01

Jun 2, 2005
North Carolina
that's how I did mine, crank pully's at 12 o'clock (notch marks on the rear upper timing cover) and crank pully at 0. Then do what he said ^^^. Try to get the cps in there easily without spinning the cps, and then align the bolt hole in the center of that long groove the bolt goes through. Bolt it down and fire it up. Then using a timing light and rotating the cps sensor while it's in the head to get it perfect. In my case I didn't even have to use a timing light. It fired right up first try and purred like a kitten.