550cc Q's

e90suprat

Mechanically challenged
May 8, 2005
Douglasville, GA
I was thinking about upgrading my injectors, but I have a few questions
1) Are they a direct replacement, or is there some modification needed.
2) Will they work with a stock fuel system or would I need some more electronics?
I dont know which brand I'll be using, so any suggestion or advice would be appreciated, thanks. Ed

YoNkErS87t

streetside mechanic
Mar 31, 2005
In the Garage
Pretty much the only modification needed is to cut and splice the new injector clips into the harness. Which isn't hard at all with a little skill. There is only two wires per injector just don't mix up the left and the right. Just look before you start cuttin. There should be a colored wire on the right and a white wire on the left or vise versa.

I think lucas and Rc are the most popular companys.

kamil

87T Targa
Apr 4, 2005
Tucson, AZ
If its the 935motorsports guy then he ships his injectors a whole lot faster than anything else ;)

Seriously though, I got a set of 680cc injectors from him and received them within 5 days of ordering. They look great and are plug n' play. He also has a 1 year warranty on them so if something should be wrong with them, he'll replace them at no charge! His name here is tlfsupra89.

Here are some pics of the injectors:

tlf680cc01sm.jpg

Click here for full-size

tlf680cc02sm.jpg

Click here for full-size

tlf680cc03sm.jpg

Click here for full-size

kamil

87T Targa
Apr 4, 2005
Tucson, AZ
I can't give you a 100% answer but I would imagine you would need to at least upgrade your fuel pump ($100 shipped for a walbro on ebay) otherwise your fuel pressure will be too low. AFPR isn't quite as necessary since the stocker can be modified to give you more pressure though an aeromotive would obviously be ideal.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
YoNkErS87t said:
Pretty much the only modification needed is to cut and splice the new injector clips into the harness. Which isn't hard at all with a little skill. There is only two wires per injector just don't mix up the left and the right. Just look before you start cuttin. There should be a colored wire on the right and a white wire on the left or vise versa.

I think lucas and Rc are the most popular companys.

actually they happen to be non polarized, so lucky for you guys it dosnt matter if you mix up the two wires.