need hydro fan sensor in the radiator asap

mkiiiowner

Apr 26, 2005
San Diego, ca
Everything's going very well. I'm waiting on my engine mounts. They should come today. I need help with the ac wiring near the fusebox. Don't know where to hook the four wires to. I put the engine in the car last week just to test my harness and it fired right up. Should be done by the end of this week. How's yours going? Don't tell me that all those rare stuffs that you're selling came from your clip. If so, I'm very jealous.

lenny

Apr 6, 2005
socal
nope =P but i still need a clip, mine came out with bad compression ... theres a meet on the 31st..you should come ouy

mkiiiowner

Apr 26, 2005
San Diego, ca
I'm going back to San Jose for my brother's wedding from 28th to 31th. I'm not comming back til Monday. Maybe next meet. You foundout about the low comp. at the shop or after you brought back to the house?

Korg77

Mar 31, 2005
Moscow
i need an information bout HF sensor. Where it located? (have radiator and fan for my swap but cannot make it start)

mkiiiowner

Apr 26, 2005
San Diego, ca
the fan is driven by hydrolic. If you pour enough oil in there it'll spin. All the sensor does is controls how fast the fan spins based on the water temp. It locates at the lower left hand corner of the radiator if looking at it from the dash point of view.

Korg77

Mar 31, 2005
Moscow
And, can i use usual temperature sensor (sensor for control electric fans) to control this hydro fan?

mkiiiowner

Apr 26, 2005
San Diego, ca
I don't know if you can use it or not because the hydro fan sensor might put out different kind of signal than a regular sensor. Try buying from other supra owners. I got mine after a few days of posting. Many people switch there hydro fan out for electric fans and don't need the sensor anymore.

Korg77

Mar 31, 2005
Moscow
i've just recieved JZA70 radiator, with fan and sensor.. Need wiring scheme for this sensor. Maybe i missed something, but there is no unused wire left

updated:
just bought an Aristo "cooling fan control" (89257-30021)- black 3"x4" box with 10-pin connector on it. Connector for this block have 1 pin with no wire.

Have only JZA70 wiring diagram, but there is another color of wires and every one of ten pins are presented on scjeme :(

Last edited:

Ken

Apr 6, 2005
Houston, TX
On your 1JZ engine harness, look at your fusebox connector EA2.

There are 2 wires on connector EA2 that go to your temp sensor, Black/Red (thin) and Light green.

Now look at your temp sensor. It has 2 pins. The light green wire from EA2 goes on the top pin, and the black/red wire goes to your bottom pin.

If you don't already have one, you will a 2-pin connector to connect to your temp sensor. I got this connector with pigtail from a late 80s corolla.

Korg77

Mar 31, 2005
Moscow
the problem is that i have GA70 supra with aristo 2jz-gte engine.

So, let's try to solve it in several steps:

1) If i don't install the fan ecu then fan will spin at full speed once i started engine. Am i right? So, anyway i will not boil the engine...

2) You say bout temperature sensor wires. I connected it as it must to be. But... In JZA70 scheme i see yellow-blue wire to engine comp (???), and black (B?) wire to "distributor" What's this?? For what?