89T vs. Porsche

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
Last friday night I was out for a cruise, stoped to fill up gas. As I was sitting waiting to turn back out onto the main street I see these really bright headlights come flying up and past. I see as they go flying by that they belong to a Porsche (not sure which model still trying to figure it out, might have been an older Carerra or 911??)

I pull out and pull up beside it, I pull a little bit infront of him to see if he'll go. I hear him get on it so I just step down on the gas pedal. He didn't even pull on me, I'm still not sure what happened. I didn't even have to drop a gear when we went, this was from a 3rd gear roll.

After I shifted into 4th I just pulled on him, I'm pretty close to stock right now and still not sure how I managed this one. Maybe it was a bad driver in the Porsche, but whatever it was it made me happy. My first really good kill in my car.

My mods are (because everyone always asks)

Becauseican DDP
K&N intake
BLitz SS BOV
DrJ MBC (set at 12psi)

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Owned. lol nice kill always fun to make the rich guys who buy the $40k car guys go o crap i just lost to a car that cost like $3k.

devil358

in ur sink
Apr 6, 2005
Richmond, VA
I've pulled on a Boxster S....with less mods than I have now...and I was defin. slower back then...the "S" is the slightly nicer version of the boxer....it was close, but the sad thing was, he started in front of me and I started catching him right about the time the automatic wing in the back started lifting up...lol...but I'm sure his car felt a little better at 115 that mine did back with the stock suspension...lol

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
I'm really happy with how my car was performing (turbo is dieing) I'm super happy that I pulled on a Porsche, I actually have something to base how fast my car is. I'm still trying to figure out what model it was, hopefully I can figure it out soon.

And my car cost more than $3k :p

lanternman

Apr 21, 2005
MI
Yeah man nice kill. I ran across a late model carrera convertible (I'm guessing 996) on the freeway this morning on the way to work. The guy driving seemed like a douche. He had his lady in the car and he thought he was big as shit. Too bad I was in my beater (1995 cavalier, whopping 115Hp), I would have loved to give him a run. I'm probably making close to 300rwhp, no proof, just based on other cars I've seen, and my 1/4 mile times, but I think it would have been close, speed is the great equalizer.

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
Haha this thread reminds me of a saying I read somewhere...might have been here on the old site. Something like this..."Porsche, because you have loads of cash and a small wiener" But I guess that can be said about all fast cars...

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
what year was the porsche, approximately? the '87 porsche and '87 supra were 'direct competition' according to a magazine article i read a while back. it was 'dependent on drivers' i believe. regardless, nice kill, as that is a nice brand name to add to your kill list:)

-shaeff

doom26464

Research...research
Mar 31, 2005
Saskatoon SK, Canada
www.cardomain.com
it depends on the porchse there a nice 88 proshe 944 in town and its auto. its slow as hell. It really depends on the porshce if it doesn;t have boost then it probly not that fast. Even the turbo 944 are only direct competion with a stock supra.

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
I payed just under $7000cdn for my car. Shaeff it was a new Porsche, well it looked newer anyways. I wish I could see it again but I'm not out much anymore seeing as my turbo is dieing :(

I have a stock HG, I was hitting fuel cut, but then I just turned down my MBC a bit and no more. Once I get the MAFT and install it I'll raise the boost a bit more.

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
I'm pretty sure it was a newer 911, but still not completly sure. I always figured a Porsche would be faster than that, maybe it was a shitty driver :dunno:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
thats wicked cool:) that makes it all the better!

-shaeff

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
on I-65...driving about 70mph...I come upon a niiiicccee long row of corvettes. new and old...i pass them all slowly until i get the front one...(maybe a 96 body style), and i get beside him...he looks at me and smiles...then i let it spool and blow off in his face...then his wife has the funniest look i have EVER seen...like "oh shit"...so we race from 70 and up...he stomped it first and i ended up pulling on him at 12 lbs...by time i reached 140 he was probably the length of a semi and trailer...it was great. :) gotta love a v8, huh?