odd q's, AFM, Gauges

Mk3 TurboS

No not a "Turbo A"
Mar 31, 2005
Australia
Ok so I have two Q's that aren't related but thought I could combine them in one thread.

First: I have a lex AFM sitting on my workbench. I only got it cause i needed a new AFM and thats all that was available. I used the electronics out of it but not the housing. Is there any point in using it as I have a SAFCII installed. Its not tuned YET. But will be very soon. And no im not getting any 550's any time soon.

Second: I also have After Market Oil pressure gauge and Water temp gauge sitting on my floor. Where bouts are the two sensors/senders for oil pressure and water temp. (pics would rule!)

Thanks all

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
I would not install that lexus AFM unless you have a new fuel pump, and an adjustable FPR to bump the pressure a bit. Keep it, but don't immediatly install it; thats what I'd do.

What kind of guages are they? On supraforums I recently had a thread about positioning of the sensors. For me, I'm installing my oil pressure with the Greddy oil block adapter; and hopefuly I can use the port for the A/C water temp sensor with an adapter from Autometer that Trent reccomended. The forums are down now or I'd get you the pictures from there.

Mk3 TurboS

No not a "Turbo A"
Mar 31, 2005
Australia
OK for the water temp gauge I know its one of these. Which one is it???

Attachments

• Image(003).jpg
    Image(003).jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 16

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
The one with the furthest right red arrow in the picture. The piece has "112" stamped in it in that picture.