Bugs on the frickin front bumper

cwapface

Supernerd
Mar 30, 2005
Eugene, OR
www.dylanwiggins.com
Holy crap, a half hour drive @ 45mph makes my car look nasty up front. :icon_evil

Seeing as how the front bumper will be repainted soon, is there anything I can do to keep the bugs out of the paint? I washed the car today and half the little shits won't scrub out....I am hoping that fresh paint and a good wax job will make them slide right off, any input?

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
i know what you need, just i dont remember where the hell the damn stuff is.

3m developed a clear film that is like seran wrap that you just peel and lay on your front bumper and hood and apply with a hair dryer or something and it just sort of melts on there and covers the entire painted area and you cant even see it its just like a clear coat, it stops tar, bugs, june bugs from sticking onto your paint and will prevent sugar cube size rocks from scratching your paint. its REALLY strong so it wount tear with rocks at high speed and all you need is a hair dryer and some houshold soap and hte stuff just peels off.

sorry i'm trying to sell you a product i cant remember where i saw it though, i know it was in popular mechanics in the product section but i dont remember what its called. all i know is that it was REALLY cheep and REALLY effective.

cwapface

Supernerd
Mar 30, 2005
Eugene, OR
www.dylanwiggins.com
i don't have any wax on the car right now plus the front bumper is kind of scuffed up from deer damage. Today I pulled up next to a clean ass 89+, pearl white, and I was wondering how he managed to not have a speck on his bumper. Seriously, does having wax make a huge difference with cleaning dirt off the car? I don't know these things, this is the first shiny car I've ever owned

HKS

Mar 30, 2005
nashville
Yeah I know what you mean. I hate those fuckers. I keep mine waxed and it helps a little but their still hard to get off.

Peep this fool, straight up Maguires wax ,Polish, & Paint Cleaner
p40305_1.jpg

Makes car look nice :naughty:

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
ma71supraturbo said:
lol slow down? heh, I dunno man -- have you got a wax on the front end now?

lol he was going 45mph lol thats slow as hell. i do 60 most of the time and 80+ on the highway. put some butter on the front of ur bumper or make a thin teflon coat to go over the bumper lol

AGlobalThreat

Acceleration
Apr 4, 2005
Santa Clarita
Get a bra for the front end if you're seriously worried about a few bugs...

Otherwise just keep a towel or something in your car to wipe off the front bumper when you're done with a long drive.