WI Supras!!

turboa7mgte

HECK YES I DID!!!
Mar 30, 2005
Delavan, WI.
What going on guys? Whos car is up and Running so far? if its Not when will it be? What did you all do to your cars this winter?

Mine is down right now waiting for the Motor to get done and a few other odds and ends. i am looking to have it on the road around the end of May.

I redid my whole car from the Motor, Interior, Rims, turbo.... Just about everything. I am hoping that my Turbo A ECU will work out for me so i can get rid of that pesky AFM...

Hope to meet the rest of you this summer at the Dells meet!!! I am just waiting on a date but i am thinking it will be in June.

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
Tom from marshall here. Mine's out and about as you had seen. Running much better now thanks to you, it's never pulled so hard off boost. still stumbles at 4000-4500 rpm

Anybody want a profec B spec 2? I have one FS....lol! I might go back to my manual boost controller if I can sell it. I need money to lean this thing out (safc). My gas mileage is killing me...hah

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Supramatt90 said:
Matt is here from Milwaukee. Car isn't running yet but hopefully will soon. Just needs a couple parts put back on. Can't wait to go to the dells this summer either.

Matt from Milwaukee? Who the heck are you ? :p I'm Matt from Milwaukee jerk, or well now I live in Butler.

I'm pretty sure 90% of you know my status, not running. :eek:

kntmikado

Rage Your Dream...
Apr 2, 2005
East Troy, WI 53120
Henry from Hellz Kitchen, I mean NE Milwaukee here!

What did I do with my Supra this winter... well... I bought it. Then I got the turn signals working. Then a belt in my front driver's tire broke and I replaced it with.. wait, where the hell did that tire come from? Eh, anyway... then I replaced the drag slick-esque street tires in back with fresh(er) ones from the old parts car I had... Yesterday I got the horn/hazards working and spent 5 minutes panicking 'cause my sunroof was jammed open and wouldn't close when in reality I was actually pushing the "open" side of the switch 'cause I wasn't paying enough attention...

Hey, anyone wanna tell me how I'm supposed to get oil out of my cylinders? Two of my spark plugs weren't tightened down worth crap (I hate previous riceboy owners) and now I'm only running on 4 or 5 cyls. *sigh* Those nice new spark plugs, fouled already... it sounds like I've got a V8. Yuck.

Anyway, yeah. So... here I are! Errr... is. Um... am!

1jzsupraguy

Apr 6, 2005
Milwaukee
Josh here in Milwaukee. Almost done with the 1jz swap in an 87 supra finally... hopefully this weekend... but most likely next. I would've been done a lot sooner but freakin' winter was keeping me out of the garage. Everything is pretty much stock for now... at least until i know it runs.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
1jzsupraguy said:
Josh here in Milwaukee. Almost done with the 1jz swap in an 87 supra finally... hopefully this weekend... but most likely next. I would've been done a lot sooner but freakin' winter was keeping me out of the garage. Everything is pretty much stock for now... at least until i know it runs.

Hey bud, I thought you were selling? Give Pang a call and you 2 should pick me up!

1jzsupraguy

Apr 6, 2005
Milwaukee
i just got my 1jzgte engine running this past weekend. the motor sounds great! the only thing i need to do is bleed the clutch and find someone who wants to sell me their transmission support crossmember. anyone out there have one???

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Hey, I DO have one, but I could only lend it to you, untill you find another one for me or something. I'd have to look for it, it just goes right under the tranny right? I think I have all that shit inside my empty ass car.

1jzsupraguy

Apr 6, 2005
Milwaukee
got it yesterday from some guy in burlington. thanks anyways though. now all i've gotta do is get a new slave cylinder and bleed the clutch.

MK3_Turbo

JZZ31
Mar 31, 2005
Arkansas
www.myspace.com
dang i never knew there were that many MKIII's in WI...i use to live there in the Appleton area...i just recently moved down to AR...i'm like the only one down here with a MKIII.

1987supraomega

Stupid hurts
Apr 11, 2005
Elroy, WI
www.cardomain.com
I'm here in little tomah, car runs but im still waiting on a clutch and trying to decide what to do with the turbo ( I blew the seals). *UPDATE* My new clutch is done, but I'm still waiting on the turbo I have to say the ACT dominates the Mustangs even with the poor boost :bowdown:

Last edited:

1jzsupraguy

Apr 6, 2005
Milwaukee
i actually got a tranny crossmember now but now the rack and pinion is messed up. i'm getting that tomorrow though. all i need now is a filter and an exhaust and i should be able to drive it legally.

supra90mkiii

Apr 2, 2005
Racine, WI
Alex from Racine checking in. I just got my car running again after a little rod knock, about 900 miles on it so far. I did some other things at the same time, it's in my sig. hope i can make it to the dell meet, that's gonna be fun.

1jzsupraguy

Apr 6, 2005
Milwaukee
just updating you guys, the only thing i have left to do is build the 3" exhaust system and install he K&N filter which i've ordered already. so it should be hitting the road real soon!

J

jong

jon from waterford checkin in

Car is currently down with BHG, busted clutch, ect.

Expected turn around date is May 15th. Thats what i'm gunnin for. Should be back and better than ever!

-jon