FINALLY, a real H4 BI-XENON kit.

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
eBayISAPI.dll

It actually has the flapper mechanism to let more light out...hence the hi beam, its exactly what other manufacturers use.

Thank god.....this is the reason I was going to do the NSX headlamps....low HID and high halogen....but since this kit is out...I will just save myself some time and get these instead.

Mcculloch is great quality too. I have read really good things about them.

-Jonathan

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
I have done tons of reserch on RETROFITTING a high and low beam kit and have the projectors for them....its over $600 to retrofit...this is actually a good price. No joke. :icon_surp

I might have some on by the surpa meet...we will see.

And I am selling my wheels for $1000 + shipping. :hsugh:

-Jonathan

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Err... I can get those for less. There is a local guy up here sells them, prices below are in Canadian funds:

5300k: $490
6000k: $530
8000k: $570
10000k: $610

He sells the lowbeam only kit for $160 less.

Same manufacturer, too, McCulloch.

DrakeMK3

"The Duck"
Mar 30, 2005
Knoxville, TN
I have McColloch's on my supra, but they are low beam only. To tell you the truth, you don't need high beams once you go HID. I love mine to death because they are so freakin' bright and I don't blind people because I built them correctly using D2S bulbs and H4 adapters that block off the bottom of the bulb. It looks like those bulbs in the auction you posted have some hole that would allow light to the bottom of the reflector causing glare (if you are going to even use the reflector housings). I know you mentioned using projectors, but what kind are you going to go with? Any thoughts on how you're going to mount them in the bucket to allow for adjustability?

I also have yellow foglights to contrast nicely with my 5300k bulbs. Here's a pic to show you what they look like....

DSC02060.JPG

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
damn it... I convinced myself i wasnt gonna gets hids cause i couldent have high beam.... now that i can.. that goes out the window... damn it.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
I'm just using the Silverstar lamps.

Looks very similar, still have normal "high beams" and they are dang bright, white type light. (Used them for awhile now on my Q45, and love them. They are better than the Audi with real HID low beams.)

I'm using the Silverstars in the fogs, and the headlamps. (Sealed beam type.) About 30.00 each. (Figure 120.00 for the whole deal.)

I agree on the LED lamps however. We really need to figure out a simple retrofit of some new LED type lamps to the MK3 chassis. (Behind the stock plastic of course.)

Nice find Siman, but not worth it yet at 400.00 ish bucks for the kit.

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
To me its a great deal.....I work from 6-11pm at DELL and travel home 20+ish minutes on the interstate and take a few backroads to get home....so its worth the money and safety TO ME.

If you compile a nice HID retrofit Hi/Low beam kit it will EASILY surpass $600...I am on HIDplanet forums and have searched high and low ( LOL) for the cheapest and easiest retrofit....I was about to the NSX conversion...but then I found these. Best bang for the buck.

The NSX headlamps alone were $400 for the pair...not even including the 5+ hours of work to get them to fit and the HID kit and custom wiring involved to make the HID's on low beam constantly then the Halogen hi beams....it would LOOK good...but my wallat would be in far worse shape :icon_surp

-Jonathan

Turkish

Apr 4, 2005
too much money but when I drive at night it is hard to see, I feel light my headlights are off most of the time.

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
Turkish said:
too much money but when I drive at night it is hard to see, I feel light my headlights are off most of the time.

Take the hit and buy a GOOD HID kit like this one....and also buy a good H4 housings like the raybrig or Hella or Bosch....or IKI ( jdm ones I have off of an S13 front clip)

I was beside a Acura TL on the highway tonight ( 11pm in the rain, hurricane dennis is passing over TN right now)...the acura was brand new....I compared my ricer blue HID Look headlamps ( and foglights were on as well) to his low beams...

there was NO WAY IN HECK that mine compare to his....just no way. I could barely tell my lights were on when he was beside me.....partly becuase the rain, but the HID's just broke through the rain and lighted up the road like it was nothing!

Just think about it.....safety and functionality. And boy to they look good :naughty:

Turkish

Apr 4, 2005
siman said:
Take the hit and buy a GOOD HID kit like this one....and also buy a good H4 housings like the raybrig or Hella or Bosch....or IKI ( jdm ones I have off of an S13 front clip)

I was beside a Acura TL on the highway tonight ( 11pm in the rain, hurricane dennis is passing over TN right now)...the acura was brand new....I compared my ricer blue HID Look headlamps ( and foglights were on as well) to his low beams...

there was NO WAY IN HECK that mine compare to his....just no way. I could barely tell my lights were on when he was beside me.....partly becuase the rain, but the HID's just broke through the rain and lighted up the road like it was nothing!

Just think about it.....safety and functionality. And boy to they look good :naughty:

I know what you mean. I rarely drive at night but when I do it is like I am squinting the whole time(I have 20/20 vision) because it is like these headlights do jack shit, and my fogs are dead I need new bulbs.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
The prices I quoted are for a full kit... minus the housings, of course, but the ebay link I saw there didn't have that either.

The possible problem with the hi/lo setup is space - I'm not certain there is enough room in the back of our headlamp assembly for the actuator that moves the bulb shield - I wouldn't want to buy a set without test fitting them and moving the headlamp through it's entire range of motion by hand.

DrakeMK3

"The Duck"
Mar 30, 2005
Knoxville, TN
Using good quality components, the total cost of my project was a hair under $325 and I couldn't be happier. I will say this, I am never owning a vehicle without HID's ever again. Yes, the difference is THAT obvious.

Edit: Forgot to add...

Also, Siman, do NOT use JDM housings for your retrofit. The Japanese drive on the LEFT side of the road, therefore, the JDM housings are made to focus the light differently than USDM or e-code housings and the beam pattern will never be correct for your application. I'm using some nice AutoPal e-code 200mm housings and the beam cutoff is amazingly sharp.

encomiast

boosted kraut
Mar 31, 2005
germany
Just out of curiosity: there is no automatic levelling mechanism (to compensate for vehicle payload) included with this kit, right...? Too bad..... :(

DrakeMK3

"The Duck"
Mar 30, 2005
Knoxville, TN
encomiast said:
Just out of curiosity: there is no automatic levelling mechanism (to compensate for vehicle payload) included with this kit, right...? Too bad..... :(

Are you serious? I'm unaware of vehicles that come with something like that from the factory.