This a good deal?

bigal0043

Jun 29, 2005
Plattsburgh,NY
www.mk3supra.net
Is this a good price for a 87 turbo supra? ill look into more depth about changing the head gasket but i have a friend that changes out motors for kids in town in like a day so im sure he would help out

Automobiles - 1987 Toyota Supra Turbo 2nd owner, exc cond, many new parts, never seen snow, needs head gasket. $3,500 firm.

Anomili

Obsessed
Apr 9, 2005
In an Igloo
www.cardomain.com
The car has a BHG, hence the "needs head gasket." This means that from the get go you are going to have to get a new head gasket and that you are probably in for a rebuild. I personally would consider this somewhat high for a car with a BHG, but at the same time it is possible that the rest of the car is in perfect shape with a tonne of aftermarket parts. I would suggest going and looking at the car with your mechanically inclined friend. That way you will be able to check out the rest of the car and make a more informed decision. You can also check the FAQ board because I believe there is a "What to look for when buying a Supra" thread.

Supra Blues

Virgin Booster
Mar 30, 2005
Supramania
Anomili said:
The car has a BHG, hence the "needs head gasket." This means that from the get go you are going to have to get a new head gasket and that you are probably in for a rebuild. I personally would consider this somewhat high for a car with a BHG, but at the same time it is possible that the rest of the car is in perfect shape with a tonne of aftermarket parts. I would suggest going and looking at the car with your mechanically inclined friend. That way you will be able to check out the rest of the car and make a more informed decision. You can also check the FAQ board because I believe there is a "What to look for when buying a Supra" thread.

What ^ he said.

With a BHG, you are looking at a weekends work, plus about 100 bucks for a new HG and probably another 100 in other gaskets and misc stuff needed. Sounds a little high to me, but if the body and paint and interior are in perfect shape, it may not be too bad.