Hoodpins + Stupidity

ridah

Thats rice
Apr 4, 2005
Beverly Hills
After purchasing $6 in gas and checking my oil at the gas station I forgot to lock my hood pins. Dunno what made my forget to lock them this time, maybe cause I was late for class. The hood ended up flying open and completely deforming itself ageist the windshield and hood. One wiper ended up breaking however the windshield didn't even have a crack.

Downside lumpy deformed hood that doesn't close properly.

Upside the rear of the hood has been automatically shimmed in the process.

A

AIM:c0nniver

dood. Thats awful. These guys are fu'nuggets. forget them.

Go get yourself a new hood. but if your car isnt black, dont get a black hood! Heck as long as its not black, dont bother painting it, put the money somewhere that matters >=)

B

Boostaddctn

That foo is rice, he has hood pins when there ain't nothing there... another cheap mk3 owner... aight peace

Turkish

Apr 4, 2005
damn you guys are mean, i guess i am rice too, oh well, but i never forget to lock my hood down. Sorry to hear about your incident, glad you didn't wreck because of it.

casgallo

Not a lurker :)
Apr 3, 2005
New York
i did that the other day... whoops, mine didnt do any damage, but my hood is shot already and new one should be back from paint very soon (with NO hood pins) :D

cjennings

Mar 31, 2005
Des Moines Iowa
I guess I am going to be rice putting my hoodpin on my Supra...

For all you guys that like to discount the validity of such things, I lost my $30g + supra because it did not have hood pins in a fire.

My new car has already gone way to long without them.

Chris Jennings
92 Hardtop
sp71gtq Equiped
TecII
Fully Built
285/35/18's Hangining on for dear life.

"More power than the other guy"

Attachments

• f7b863df.jpg
    f7b863df.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 38

kntmikado

Rage Your Dream...
Apr 2, 2005
East Troy, WI 53120
There's obviously something I'm not understanding here.

If you don't have a CF hood and your existing latch mechanism works properly, why do you want/need pins? Furthermore, what difference will pins make in a fire?

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
kntmikado said:

If you don't have a CF hood and your existing latch mechanism works properly, why do you want/need pins? Furthermore, what difference will pins make in a fire?

pretty much exactly what I was going to ask :)

Apr 4, 2005
california
he he he why put a hood pins?
thats just another thing to remmember...(forget it and get F'ed)

anywho why would a hood pins matter in a fire? the cable for the hood release is made of metal material...(i doubt that ill melt thats fast b/c when your engine is on fire youll see smoke... causing you to pull over and pop the hood...) unless you thinkl that smoke from your engine is cool.. lol

whitemk3

Mar 30, 2005
east TN
kntmikado said:

Because when u unlatch it from inside the car you still have to reach under the hood and pull the latch to open the hood. With hod pins all u have to do is undo the pins and lift up on whatever side you want. So that is the reason why hood pins are a good idea.

ridah

Thats rice
Apr 4, 2005
Beverly Hills
kntmikado said:

No latch in my case also there isn't a cable to release the latch if I had one in this car.

Apr 4, 2005
california
whitemk3 said:
Because when u unlatch it from inside the car you still have to reach under the hood and pull the latch to open the hood. With hod pins all u have to do is undo the pins and lift up on whatever side you want. So that is the reason why hood pins are a good idea.

so this would iliminate the latch right?

but wouldnt that risk you car being stolen? or does the pins have locks?
(sorry about my stupidy about the pins-i haven look into it-)

whitemk3

Mar 30, 2005
east TN
twin_turbo_mk3 said:
so this would iliminate the latch right?

but wouldnt that risk you car being stolen? or does the pins have locks?
(sorry about my stupidy about the pins-i haven look into it-)

Yes it eliminates the latch, I really dont see how someone could steal your car that way. And yes i have seen some sort of locks my buddy has some on his mk4. I would put a larm on the car to be safe.

Mar 30, 2005
Florida
for a street car hood pins are retarded. unless u have a weekend warrior that can be an acception....i would never leave a car in a parking lot with 5 grand in the engine just a couple hood pins away.