Vacuum Manifold

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
I'm about to put my GTE into my supra (as soon as I get it back from the machine shop ) I noticed a few members (IdealSupra, Dr. J...) running a GE Vacuum manifold... I love the idea of having everything clean like that, and having so few vacuum lines running...

My question is, what do I NEED to have vacuum?

So far my list is

Heater valve, FPR, BOV, Boost Controller/Gauge, PS Idle Up

I dont' have an EGR system, so Don't need the VSV for that... I've had a few people tell me that the FPR VSV isn't nessesary, so I don't need that either...

anything I'm missing?

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
The only things you need for the car to run properly is FPR and BOV. Heater control and cruise control are luxuries. PS idle up isn't needed. The car will still turn at idle, not die, and will still give you power steering assist - just not as much. I can still turn my wheel with a finger with no ps idle up.

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
Bishop92t said:
The only things you need for the car to run properly is FPR and BOV. Heater control and cruise control are luxuries. PS idle up isn't needed. The car will still turn at idle, not die, and will still give you power steering assist - just not as much. I can still turn my wheel with a finger with no ps idle up.

Thanks for the reply Bishop :)

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
lagged said:
2? you NEED the one for the FPR.

you can toss the one for the EGR.

See, I've heard from pretty much everyone that you don't need the VSV for the FPR, do you have a reason why you do?

The only effect of getting rid of the FPR VSV is a few more cranks to start when its hot. True? No?