Turbo-A/Speed density Swap done!!!

turboa7mgte

HECK YES I DID!!!
Mar 30, 2005
Delavan, WI.
Well guys I got it running last night and man does it sound good!!!

Some of you know that last year i found a complete turbo A Motor.... Well this year i decided to make it a complete swap... I got the Turbo A ECU, IAT sensor and map sensor. while i waited for all that... I got a fully bulit lower end, SP61gt, and a bunch of other goodies...

I was told that I could run the boost pressure sensor as the Map sensor.... Well it didnt work, It ran very very rich at Idel and gave me a map cell. So after looking at a 3sgte in my shop, I decided to try that sensor... BINGO!!! that was the one.... Idels at 700 RPM and 14.7 AFR

The coolest thing of this swap is taking the AFM out and Replacing it with a 3" pipe. I will get some pics up soon... I forgot to pay my website bill so my site is down.

I have yet to take the car on the road yet as I have a list of crap to do yet cause I pretty much gutted the car.

But I would like to thank a few people:
Damien and Jasper From Australia... Damien for getting me these imposible to find parts.... Jasper for the Wiring info..... Thanks so much Guys!!!

Jose Maseo for me calling him for info and for the deal on the ECU

Tom for all the last Miniute Parts and driving down from Madison to get them to me!!!!

Jeff Corbat for meeting me on a moments notice to get my parts for the FPR!!!

Sorry for the Long post but these people deserve my thanks and this is a great way to show em that I really appreciate the things they did for me!!!

I will post more info, Pics and Videos very soon.....

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
The trip from Madison is always worth it. You gave me tons of parts, fixed my ghetto shit a couple times... Glad to hear your car's finally going.

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
I actually have the abiltiy to buy a Turbo A ecu and harness.....but I am thinking of the standalone system I want to do instead.

Each are in my budget......

what parts did you have to swap over for the turbo A ecu?
list them please. :icon_bigg

-Jonathan

turboa7mgte

HECK YES I DID!!!
Mar 30, 2005
Delavan, WI.
Siman.... You need The Map Sensor and a Intake air Temp sensor. The turbo-A has an IAT sensor in the back of the manifold. VanSupra has the Turboa A ECU, Harness and Map Sensor... I am not sure about the IAT Sensor.

I bought a brand new Harness and re pined the ECU where needed... that was the hard part... The rest was just finding the IAT Sensor, Which I got new from Toyota in Japan....
You can get better results going MAP ECU or the New Emanage.... but if you do decide to get the Turbo-A stuff.... Let me know... I will help you with whatever you need.

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
man I hope you'll have the mk3 when you come up here later this week...I'm gonna have to take a ride before we finish the DP and IC pipes and junk.

I almost drove down to your place tonight to see her run. I ended up shit talking all night though. I'm not afraid of a little ghetto turbo plymouth neon expresso or stock 91 GSX. =P

turboa7mgte

HECK YES I DID!!!
Mar 30, 2005
Delavan, WI.
Hey Jose!!! I dont know about the Rev thing yet but I will let you know in a few days. Thanks for the info on the map sensor wiring you gave me the other day!! You totaly helped me out.

The car runs a little rough at start up, but I dont have the ISC plumbed into the Intake pipe yet, So we will see how that goes.

I hit the Remote start and it fires right up though.

Thanks again for the ECU Jose

turboa7mgte

HECK YES I DID!!!
Mar 30, 2005
Delavan, WI.
maeso said:
nice man!!!! really happy for you!!!

does it rev up pass 5000 rpm...

Nope Dont make power after 5k.... Seems like is pulling timeing like whow!!! but no codes

I ordered the Turbo A Map sensor so we will see if that cures the isusse. But up to 5K its pretty nasty...

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
why does it lose power after 5k, i have an NA and i get power till 6k, and im not joking. is it just cause its a way different setup than the 7m or what?

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
turboa7mgte said:
Nope Dont make power after 5k.... Seems like is pulling timeing like whow!!! but no codes

I ordered the Turbo A Map sensor so we will see if that cures the isusse. But up to 5K its pretty nasty...

so you were not using a map sensor for a map sensor based ECU?

heh, thats not going to work...LOL

-Jonathan

turboa7mgte

HECK YES I DID!!!
Mar 30, 2005
Delavan, WI.
I was told that the boost pressure sensor would work as the map sensor... I am using the 3sgte one and it works fine up until 5k.... So I am thinking that the ECU is getting the wrong signal from the sensor and going into a limp mode.

The Turbo A map sensor is on its way so we will soon see if that takes care of the situation.

I will keep you all posted. I am going to take a vid to show you how the power falls of at 5k... I just need to compress the file down