Throttle body and ISC heating

Mr. Y

Mar 31, 2005
80 miles away from Kremlin
Hello!
I'm gonna to block coolant lines, that go to ISC valve and from throttle body to avoid useless unreliable hoses. Have somebody done that?
So, should I expect some troubles? May be in cold weather? (I'm in Russia, and sometimes it is very cold here ;-)

What for Toyota engineers decided to heat ISC valve and throttle body?

Thank you for anwers and for opinions.

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Run a hose from the front coolant barb to the rear coolant barb. Bypass the throttle body. Do not bypass the ISC. Your car will be forever stuck on high idle (or so I am told) if you do.

Mr. Y

Mar 31, 2005
80 miles away from Kremlin
2 MDCmotorsports:
one minute, please. Are you sure? If you are, looks like supra's brain is not very smart. I thought, that ECU reads coolant temp using sensor and set idle speed. Is not it? Or idle speed is set not electronicaly but machanicaly? I am disappointed...

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
MDCmotorsports said:
Run a hose from the front coolant barb to the rear coolant barb. Bypass the throttle body. Do not bypass the ISC. Your car will be forever stuck on high idle (or so I am told) if you do.

bulllllllllllllllllllllllllllllshit.

take a coolant hose from the water around the block hardline and stick it on the water nipple under the intake manifold. BAM youre done.

90T04

Mar 30, 2005
Tucson, AZ
www.azsupras.com
I have had my throttle body and ISC valve bypassed for two years now, no problems, no high idle either.

I dont think the heat or water circulation has anything to do with the idle speed. Correct me if I am wrong.

Ryan

B

boostedj

The purpose of the coolant passing thru TB and ISC on any vehicle that has it is to keep them from icing up in cold climates, as they tend to get a condensation build up beween hot and cold cycles. This is the reason for it yet I have never heard or seen such a thing happen. You should see no ill effects come from this, but in the Russian winter if the throttle starts to act weird or sticky in any way just reconnect it until spring.