No money at a restraunt

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Me and the friends were talking about this the other day, and what you would actually do / handle the situation...

What do you do or how do you handle not having the funds to pay for dinner?

Your experiences & thoughts???

BESIDES DINING AND DASHING.

:icon_razz

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
I have no experiences because I only buy things I have the money for.
Why the hell would one go to a restaurant if one did not have the loot to pay the bill? heh
This is just a hypothetical question on your part though, OK.

Well as I mentioned, I would not knowingly go to a restaurant if I did not have the money to pay for it, BUT IF a credit card that I was relying on turned up bad, I would ask to speak to the manager/owner/highest ranking person there immediately. Why? Because that way it looks like I am trying to solve the problem and being proactive about it, rather than looking as if I hoped no one would notice – I would bring it to the highest ranking staff member/owner first. I would talk to them outside of public view. I can also be quite persuasive and being that I would come up with probably the best solution first, he/she would probably just go along with my recommendation: that I would come back with the money.

I hope I did not give anyone ideas on how to rip a restaurant off if a member were to read my post. Also, the owner/manager may require some collateral, so don’t get any ideas people;)

I don't know if my answer is the kind you wanted, MDCmotorsports, but I entertain the thread/idea.

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
No no Tony, I ment as if you were to go to dinner, and like you said your CC turned out to be junk, or some one pick pocketed you or you litterally forgot your cash at home.

This all came about when me and the friends heard a guy teasing his little boy about "You're gonna be washing dishes".

So I was wondering if any one has ever had to do such a thing and how they handled it.

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
MDCmotorsports said:
No no Tony, I ment as if you were to go to dinner, and like you said your CC turned out to be junk, or some one pick pocketed you or you litterally forgot your cash at home.

This all came about when me and the friends heard a guy teasing his little boy about "You're gonna be washing dishes".

So I was wondering if any one has ever had to do such a thing and how they handled it.
Yep, that was what I assumed for the most part.
See from my first post;):
Tony Mawad said:
...This is just a hypothetical question on your part though, OK...

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
i would ask to see the manager and i would explain the situation to him. then i would leave him some calatiral and go home and get some money, come back and pay the guy.

usually at restaurants if the customer skips out on the bill its the waiter/waitress that has to foot it.

so if i had a nice server i wouldnt want to screw them like that by running out.

goliath

Fears no evil!
Mar 31, 2005
Lancaster, PA.
www.cardomain.com
lagged said:
i would ask to see the manager and i would explain the situation to him. then i would leave him some calatiral and go home and get some money, come back and pay the guy.

usually at restaurants if the customer skips out on the bill its the waiter/waitress that has to foot it.

so if i had a nice server i wouldnt want to screw them like that by running out.

This is the best thing to do! :icon_wink

Honesty will get you farther.

I'm a General Manager for Bob Even's, and if I were faced with the option of a customer not paying the check or me being flexable in order to get the money in the register, I'd be flexable. As an opperator, If your a costumer and I catch you stealing, I'll call the police and file the report. Theft is theft. :wuteva:

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
first ask for a phone, if no one can help well heh i was in this positino just i wasnt the one ordering, my friend was a dumbsh#% and forgot everything, like EVERYTHING, keys , id all of it, so i gave the manager my drivers license and car keys and i walked 3 blocks to a friends house.

all in all the manager was pleased that i didnt even try to jip him and we are actually respected by the guy now.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
Put hair in the food, and demand to be comped. no i have never done that. i swear... no seriously. no joking.

B

Boostaddctn

Duh thats easy, I would give the waiter/waitres a dime bag and tell him to pretend I was never there and stand up and walk away like what... aight peace :chicken:

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
boost, do you carry dimebags on you all the time? just wandering. LOL
im wandering what they would say if you just started rolling one in a restraunt LOL
i would do the caladeral thing.