1jzgte in jzs147

andy_azn

Jul 9, 2005
Can anybody give me as much info as they can about the 1jzgte, and what timming belt would fit it from another motor also frt & rear main seal, cam seal, water pump, spark plugs, etc.. i am putting a 1jzgte on my 94 gs300 auto. does anybody know i have to change ?? i know it's very hard to find parts for a 1jz in the U.S. . any help would be appreciated thanks.

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
buy an aristo clip, soapra on this board has on i think(aka onebad7m). everything you need should be in the clip .aristo has a 2jzgte in it that would probably be an easier swap and all usdm 2j parts fit

andy_azn

Jul 9, 2005
i just got my 1jzgte swap i just have to wait till next week to install it. the 2jzgte frt clip cost too much, i picked up my 1jz swap for $1300. yea i know that the 2jz is alot easier and better, parts are easier to find. can the 2jz twin turbos fit in the 1jz ? is that a waste of time ?? i have been reading that the 1jz stock turbos can handle up to 14psi safely, an the 2jz can handle up 25 psi is that true ??

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
The US spec CT-12B turbochargers can handle more than the Japanese MkIV Supra's turbochargers - especially the CT-12A [1JZ]. I certainly would NOT push the CT-12B to 25psi. 17-19 for daily driving [or turn your boost controller off for stock], up to 22 for the track is what I personally would run. Adapting them to the 1JZ would be a waste of time, I believe, but then again if you have access to materials and have the talent, you could make a cusom manifold for cheap. Still, I think it would be a waste.
A 1JZ is more suited to a SC300[Soarer] - a 2JZ is more suited to a GS400[Aristo]. I personally would love to 2JZ a SC300 - love those cars.

andy_azn

Jul 9, 2005
thanks for the info. 2jz is a lot better but more money. do you know what kind of oil filter, n rear main seal that would fit the 1jz ?