Hit and run

Furball

Yes, I play Halo
Apr 2, 2005
Merced, CA
Last night I came home from youth group with my brother and my fiancee. at about 11pm we watched a movie, and then I took my fiancee home around 1:30. On the way to her house I noticed that when I rolled down my window it made a clunking sound. I thought, "Oh great, another thing to fix." I dropped her off and went home and went to bed. This morning I get up to go fix the window and I find a big crunch in my door. Someone had backed into my car while we were watching the movie, and then took off without leaving a note. Hit and run is so lame.

Attachments

• Hit and Run 1.jpg
    Hit and Run 1.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 38
  • Hit and Run 2.jpg
    Hit and Run 2.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Hit and Run 3.jpg
    Hit and Run 3.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Hit and Run 4.jpg
    Hit and Run 4.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 30
T

tragictoothpickaccident

That is so lame! Grrrrr. Fie on all hit and runs.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
O that makes me pissed i wanna go find out who did this to your car, same thing happen to me, hit and run no note. WTF. Man now im pissed again.
hope you find out who did it. GL fixing that.

I<3Supras

Drft What do u mean drft?
Mar 31, 2005
Southern, Ca
Man that is messed up. I'm always afriad that would happen to my car (live in california A lot of bad drivers) They better be lucky if i'm not there as they hit my car or some damage will be done.

LuvMySilverSupra

Bay Area Supras
Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area, CA
damn, that's fucked...sorry to see this man. same thing happened to my friend's x-type jag. nobody has any morals these days. plus.....

....it was probably a woman...i had a lady at work the other day in a new 535 bmw...she went in the garage the wrong way (ignoring the 5-6 signs that told here where to go) she had to back out and hit a huge cement pillar.

PynkEye

Mar 30, 2005
Man thats a bitch, looks like its gonna cost you a door, unless you think you can push it out and put some putty on there, but id change it.

Good look

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
Furball said:
... Hit and run is so lame.
Not being able to park, unpark (is that even a word? heh), or drive is also so lame. I have also bitched about people not being able to park and messing up their rims in this thread:
http://supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3066&highlight=park

Anyway, check the door hinge. If that is not damaged, you probably just need a new door from the junk yard, and I think that I once heard that you can buy one for about $50.

The painting of it:
If it is pure black, it will show surface imperfections the most, but will be the easiest to blend.

OR maybe you can have it pulled?

I just noticed PynkEye is thinking what I am since I started writing this.
Yeah, tell us how you fix it.

macsupra76

May 17, 2005
Calgary AB
That sucks, i always park as faraway from cars as possible in parking lots, but still managed to get hit twice. Once it was a hit and run, the other time was a hit and run too, but i got a note on the windshield from a sweet old lady that witnesed the accident, so that was good. ;-)

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
do let us know how that was fixed, looks deep and oddly enough i cant see any paint smeared off from another car, your car is to shiney and waxed to tell if it was a white car from those pics. can you see tire mark cus it also looks like it could have been a GIANT tire that backed into it.

srry man hope insurance covers it.

Furball

Yes, I play Halo
Apr 2, 2005
Merced, CA
americanjebus said:
do let us know how that was fixed, looks deep and oddly enough i cant see any paint smeared off from another car, your car is to shiney and waxed to tell if it was a white car from those pics. can you see tire mark cus it also looks like it could have been a GIANT tire that backed into it.

srry man hope insurance covers it.

I think the other car (or truck) was white, if you get up closer you can see white streaks. Thank you for saying my car is shiney, that makes my day :icon_bigg . It is actually very dirty right now (reference pic of back of car).

Attachments

• Hit and Run 5.jpg
    Hit and Run 5.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 17
  • dirty rear.jpg
    dirty rear.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 20

billspreston01

Jun 2, 2005
North Carolina
Back when I had my saturn I was at the grocery store and I witnessed some stupid kid back RIGHT INTO my car as I was yelling to stop. I was standing in the parking lot talking to a friend. The kid started pulling away and I ran up and stopped him before he left so I could check my car. Lucky enough for him the damn car has plastic body panels so there was no damage. The dumb part was he KNEW he hit something, but he continued to put the car in drive and pull away. I saw him look over his shoulder when he hit it. The asss holes we have on the roads these days.

Good luck getting that fixed! Hope you find the bastard that did it.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
well it couldnt have been a truck tire, the tire would have hit the mirror also. it looks like it was prolly a accord. 1 they have wide bumpers and the sit up at an angle.

T

tragictoothpickaccident

LuvMySilverSupra said:
nobody has any morals these days. plus.....it was probably a woman...

That's what I was thinking, too.

How fast do you think someone would have to have been going to make that big a dent? It's not like the Supra is made of plastic.

If it would take substantial speed for the mystery car to dent yours like that, how could they have room to reach that sort of speed and then hit you at that angle? You were parked on the street, yes?

Of course, I guess it would have been harder for them to hit you in the driveway at that angle. ;oP

Xtreme

May 23, 2005
Lebanon, OR
happened to me in my car, I was playing pool in Portland, and somebody backed into my door and drove off. But the parking lot was monitered by cameras due to vandalism, so we caught the guy

PynkEye

Mar 30, 2005
dosnt our Supras have re-enforced tubes in the doors...usually mid height, kinda behind the moulding but in the inside of the car. Im pretty sure all cars have that..but fuck that thing is usually touching the sheet metal of the door, is he bent that tube (witch is not super heavy duty, but still) man that guy sure was backup fast...or whatever happend.

I say change the door, that re-enforcement is probably shitted, dont think its even reparable.
Man I pitty the new cars that dont come with side molding, or miniature ones (more estheticly nice), like my moms 99 jetta, she has so many door dings on the side..probably all from the grocery parking lot, and its a black car with lots of car colors from dings lol.

Poepple these days have no respect, but I understand they dont wanna pay $$$ to repaint a whole door for a ding...stills sucks tho

Furball

Yes, I play Halo
Apr 2, 2005
Merced, CA
The re-enforcement that you are talking about scrapes my window if I roll it down. It's very lame because it's summer and my AC doesn't work. Having only one window able to roll down is going to bother me continually.

PynkEye

Mar 30, 2005
damn, well if your gonna leave that door like that for the summer, i suggest you take the tim off, find that bar, and smash it back out lol..at least it wont be so hot ;) and try pushing on the sheet metal, might not look as bad as it is now. Unless ur waiting for insurance stuff.