What is this?

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
My engine is out of the engine bay right now so I am taking this as an opportunity to clean my extremely dirty engine bay.

While unscrewing/unbolting/taking apart stuff I found this little guy hanging onto one of the 2 or 3 bolts that holds the ignitor/coil bracket onto the chassis. What is it?

what.gif

isthis.gif

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
kamil said:
If I remember correctly this hooks up to one of the bolts on the igniter bracket.
Yes... That's what I pulled it off, I'm wanting to know what it is, why its there....

mrnickleye

Love My Daily Driver !
Jun 8, 2005
Mojave Desert, Ca
That's a little "whatchamacallit". It keeps the car from lifting off the ground when you drive over 100 mph.

If you want to know what Toyota calls it, call their parts dept and give them the part # that's stamped on it.

Even tho the first sentence is true, I still think its a noise suppressor for the radio.

thesupraman

Smirker
May 15, 2005
Frenchtown, NJ
DrakeMK3 said:
Don't you guys know anything? It's part of the flux capacitor all supras came with stock (except for n/a's). ;)
Actually, Drake is right the flux capacitor is stock on the turbos, but it is an option on the n/a's. But seeing how you have to hit 88mph, most n/a owners passed over this option (except ones who live by steep hills). LOL :biglaugh:

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
mrnickleye said:
So...why isn't it working on all this "noise E " posts ????

haha, good point ;-)

Thank you for the serious reply though, they're a bit lacking in this thread.

A Noise filter could be a pretty good possibility, a cap can be used for alot of different stuff