Stupid Hondas Strike Again

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Goddamn ricers.. for a long time, there was a little CRX hatch that was partially stripped - no back seats, a strut bar across in the rear, intercooler in front, decent aftermarket exhaust. I had never heard it run or anything, but it looked decent [aside from the sticker across the windshield bottom, but at least it's semi-subdued]. Well, I was driving a forklift late last week and saw it in the parking lot, and the intercooler was missing [quite obviously missing, as it was big, and if you'd seen the car before, you would REALLY notice it was missing]. Well, today I asked him where the intercooler went, and the owner said that he removed it. I told him that it's not good to run a turbocharger without an intercooler these days, and he said that it doesn't have a turbo. I asked if he removed the whole thing, and he said that it never had one. WTF?! So, he was just blocking all of that air going to his radiator for NO reason? I'm suprised that he didn't overheat.

civicic.jpg

I<3Supras

Drft What do u mean drft?
Mar 31, 2005
Southern, Ca
Damn now that is pathetic. Probably wanted to scare off other ricers thinking his was a turbo LOL. Damn what else would they think of next.... :nono:

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Well, I was at work and he had to run off for a minute. He said he'd be back after he told me that, and I conveniently took up another project across the street in another maintenance building for about an hour. I had the feeling that I would not enjoy the upcoming conversation. I'm just not interested in Hondas, no matter what their mod plans are. It's not hard to make a car stripped to the sub-2000 pound mark quick, and yet there are still so many slow ricers around. Give me a tuned turbocharged 6-cylinder, and I'll show you power AND fuel economy when you want either [but not so much luck with both at the same time].

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Squid699 said:
thats all they did with the supras for the F&F movies....NAs dressed up like turbos with big IC's hooked up to nothing.

Yeah.. I saw that too. It was nice how easily their thrashed junkyard Supra with a 2JZ-GE that they showed UP-CLOSE AND OBVIOUS in the movie gets transformed by that moronic Vee-Dub driving "computer genius" who claimed he can work magic on it with the hook-up of overnight parts from Japan. :kaboom:
He got what was coming to him.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
oh a 2j engine - this will destroy all........blah blah blah :insert pics of 2jzge engine in a targa chassis that is beyond repair. 5 minutes later its turbo and in pristine shape:

but i was referring to the actual stunt cars. Up until recently i had only seen FF one time in the theater - before I knew F*ck-all about supras or imports at all. I've seen it 2 times recently and that makes me laugh hysterically every time.