250 CND to spend on mod

doom26464

Research...research
Mar 31, 2005
Saskatoon SK, Canada
www.cardomain.com
well for grad i got some money and I plan to spend it on the supra.
My mods on the supra are as followed:
-3inch downpipe
-Ractive MT631C Round Slant Cut Carbon Fiber muffler
-ebaich lowering springs
-k&n filter
-Wasgate shimmed to about 8 psi(2 washers)

So I was thinking since my 3 inch downpipe connect right back up to the secondary cat and then it runs back into my stock exuasht (w/ the stock resonator) and then exits out of my ractive muffler, I was thinking with the 250 CND I have to spend I would go and get 3 inch exasuht put in and get rid of the cat and the resonator. So I have a few questions about this procedure:
1.) with the restontor being gone and it being full 3 inch exausht would it be extremly loud??(if yes then thats good :icon_bigg )
2.)how much hp and tq would I excpet to c and how much increase in boost
3.)would 250 CND be enoungh to get some custom made 3 inch exuasht??? and it will not be a mandrel bend as there isn't a place around here or one even in saskatchewan I think that does mandrel bends.
4.)would I expect an increases in gas mileage???

any comments/info is great thnx

Shawndude

Mar 30, 2005
Van BC
With a stock turbo the car won't be ear bleading loud no matter what you do. The turbine is too restrictive to make that happen.

1) No.
2) About 10-20 hp at the rear wheels.
3) Yes. Don't worry about mandrel bends if you can't get them. It's over-rated in the scope of things to consider.
4) No. Especially if you're flooring the car more often than before.

doom26464

Research...research
Mar 31, 2005
Saskatoon SK, Canada
www.cardomain.com
well I went to the exuasht shop hoping to get 3 inch exuasht but Seems liek I came across a few suprises. The owner of the shop said I already had 2.5 inch mandrel bent exuasht on my car. He looked up in his book and he said the stock exuasht is 2.0 inch. So I was rather suprised, He said if u want to increases your flow some more get your cat removed and get a better muffler. My muffler right now is a ractive carbon fiber series but its had a really shitty inlet it is liek 2 1/2 inchs. So tommrow I said I would drop my car off and have the cat removed along with the stock resonator.

So just one simple question does the stock resonator really do much???

I hope just to make the car a bit louder and mabye some better flow. After this is done Im probaly goign to look into a better muffler as well.

EDIT: just found out stock exuasht is 2.5 inchs so I guess i will have to go there tommrow and figure something out, if not im only paying 50 buxs to get the cat and resonator removed so what does it matter i guess.

Last edited:

Turkish

Apr 4, 2005
um that guy is a moron, get 3" all the way back. If he wont make you the exhaust you want and need go elsewhere.

Turkish

Apr 4, 2005
doom26464 said:
also if i get 3 inch I sopuses I will need a new muffler too..... it could add up to be more then 300 buxs so mabye i will just get the stock cat and resonator removed.

Do it right once or don't do it at all?