wheres the best place to connect my boost gauge?

Apr 4, 2005
california
i was ganna search sf today on wheres the best place to mount it but they out so i went here.. then i remember that some dam scrip kiddie F@ck the site so theres no info about wheres the bect place to connect it...

anywho... where would be the best place? i need some answer asap so i can do this today...

silver88turbo

Former Owner
Mar 30, 2005
Illinois
One of the lines that comes off the top of the intake manifold right behind the trottle body should be good. I forgot what all the stock vacuum hoses look like and where they go......

Apr 4, 2005
california
yeah i was looking at the vacuum line at one of the post in here but i wasnt sure if i could hook it up in a vacuiun line...

and silver are you talking about the 2 hose thats on top of the trotle body?

or the one on the ride of the intake manifold?

cause the one on the side is closer to the firewall...

Interex

Mar 30, 2005
Houston, TX
Hose coming off the intake manifold to the cruise control and boost pressure sensor:

DSC00743.JPG

DSC00765.JPG

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
silver88turbo said:
One of the lines that comes off the top of the intake manifold right behind the trottle body should be good. I forgot what all the stock vacuum hoses look like and where they go......

youre not talking about the two vacuum nipples for the charcole vsv and the egr actuator are you?

if you connect your boost gauge to that you will read 0 psi at idle.

marcbeatty

Apr 1, 2005
Small town, IN
If you had a jdm engine w/ the usdm throttle body could you use the second vacuum line for the boost controller? seeing as it has no destination

Apr 4, 2005
california
i connected it on where these 2 hose cross...

look at interex second picture... on the top left theres 2 hose that cross....

i used the one that connects to the manifold...

is that one good? i seem to run preaty good/read 10 psi wich is what im running although vaccum seems to vary when engine is hot or in warm up mode... lower vaccum on hotter engine visa versa.. is this normal?

also i didnt wanna start a new post but my gas gauge stops reading... it stays in one place... never move down or up when i refil... i change the gauge with the extra gauge that i had but still no good... i even tried to intall my electronic gass gauge but it doesnt read anything....

any1 knows how to fix this? i dont mind if other gauge ont work but the gas gauge is something that i want working as accurate as possible...

is this just wiring problem? or its the sender in the tank?

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
speaking of the stock boost sensor... does that feed anything other than the stock boost gauge? If that's the case, where is it located, I wanna pull it out

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
It does nothing but provide a signal for the stock boost gauge.

It's on the driver's side of the engine bay, don't have a pic, but it has a vac line going to it, and it says Boost Pressure Sensor on it (or similar)

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
so if i unplug it and clean up the engine bay then there will be no negitive effects?

this is it.(?)

Last edited:

YoNkErS87t

streetside mechanic
Mar 31, 2005
In the Garage
about your gas gauge its most likely your fuel sender in your tank. if you get a new one its pretty easy to replace. theres a little cover in the floor in your trunk. I think 6 screws to take off it off and anothr 3 to take the fuel sending unit out and just plugs in. 5-10 minute job. maybe less

Bigdough666

Picture Me Rollin
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX
Dont mean to hi-jack, but my boost gauge isnt workin. I know the car is boostin, I can hear the wastegate open up, trust me, DDP, I can hear it. hehe. Also, I blew an IC hose off the other day, my 1st one, so I know its boostin, HAHA. So is it the sensor? Should I jus say fuck it and get an aftermarket one?

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
Bigdough666 said:
Dont mean to hi-jack, but my boost gauge isnt workin. I know the car is boostin, I can hear the wastegate open up, trust me, DDP, I can hear it. hehe. Also, I blew an IC hose off the other day, my 1st one, so I know its boostin, HAHA. So is it the sensor? Should I jus say fuck it and get an aftermarket one?

yes fred the stock boost gauge is TERRIBLE....just spend the 50 bucks and get an aftermarket one...