How many MPG do you get on your supra?

suprajjang

Supra Enthusiast
Mar 30, 2005
VA
I just rebuilt my engine and the only mods on the car as of now are apexi intake and hks ssq bov. I only get about 13 mpg in mixed city/highway driving which isnt too great so post up your mods and mpg's you get so i can see what you guys get.
thanks

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Lexus AFM/550's, HKS Intake, 3" downpipe, no cat, stock catback, slightly higher than stock boost, HKS MHG.

City - I don't know, I really should keep track of it sometime.
Highway - Between 25-28 MPG, depends on how I'm driving, and if I'm using cruise, etc.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
around 22 highway. if youre getting below 20 on the highway somethings off. id say you need to check the wiring for your o2 sensor.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
yea driving like a moron i get about 15 per gallon average in town, i do hardly any highway driving. i will get about 220-230 miles on trip odometer on a full tank before my gas light wakes up.

im pretty sure 15-16 is not where its supposed to be but meh i have no black smoke.

K&N intake, 3'' cooleeze.

DrakeMK3

"The Duck"
Mar 30, 2005
Knoxville, TN
If I really run it dry, I get close to 300, but that's mostly highway. Day to day city driving nets me about 250 on the odo when I'm in need of more gas. I dont' see how Jeff get's 28 mpg on a SUPRA. Are you sure that's not in kilometers? I mean, c'mon, the tag at the stealership even says 22 or 23 MPG.

miggles

i wasnt speeding officer
Jun 3, 2005
perth West Australia
before i hiflo'd the turbo and had a afc i got 650kms 3/4tank driving down south for a dirty weekend.shocked me at how far i can actually cruise on a tank.after hiflo turbo,afc(now stolen)dump pipe,blitz dsbc im lucky to crack 300km per tank.then again its a supra not a petrol miser.(jdm car btw)it still runs rich as bugger.u can see black soot come out under wot for a second.

Shawndude

Mar 30, 2005
Van BC
Remember kids, the stock gas tank holds 70 liters or 18.5 US gallons. The car will run out with about 5 liters still left in the tank. So even if you're getting crappy 20mpg (US), you should be able to rack up 350+ miles on a tank.

Ignore the useless orange light on the fuel gauge when judging how much gas you got left. When you fill up, take note how much it took, to really see where you stand.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
DrakeMK3 said:
If I really run it dry, I get close to 300, but that's mostly highway. Day to day city driving nets me about 250 on the odo when I'm in need of more gas. I dont' see how Jeff get's 28 mpg on a SUPRA. Are you sure that's not in kilometers? I mean, c'mon, the tag at the stealership even says 22 or 23 MPG.

Metric measurement for fuel economy is L/100km. I do know how to do conversions, lol, and I have checked my fuel economy multiple times on the highway over the last 3 years, it's usually in the same range.

The car got me a Lexus hat at this year's Supra fun run here in Calgary for fuel milage. Reg Reimer still gets phenomenal milage in his MKIV though, it was over 30mpg.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
I always give my fuel economy in either L/100km or in US MPG, I don't know of anyone who uses Imperial MPG, that would just confuse everyone, lol. (It is over 30 if I use Imperial MPG though... heh).