timing/rich condition

supraaddict87

Apr 3, 2005
Morgantown WV
www.geocities.com
Ok, I just finished with a rebuild/upgrade faze. I replaced all the gaskets and seals in the motor, 1.4mm titan lshg. resurfaced head, opened up the AFM, had the factory injectors cleaned/flow balanced, installed a mallory AFPR, added a full 3in. down pipe and and test pipe, a bosch 110 bov, 2in. jblmk3 hardpipes, walbro fuel pump, removed the palsation dampner/J-tube, all A/C related components, and more i cant remember right now.

After having some problems with the injector groments (got that fixed) I got it running today with now real mishaps. I set the timing per the tsrm to 10 degrees btdc, but when I rev the motor past idle the timing advances to almost 30 degrees, is this normal? Plus the motor is running pretty rich, it smells like it and blows out some "smog" on shifts, I even had it backfire once (I set the AFPR to 36psi with that vacume line removed). I have experienced some stalling, but not all the time.

I havent had a chance to really play with things yet, just get it running. Any suggestions on where I should start would be appriciated.

thanks,
mike