Lets talk about the new E-Manage Ultimate

87_7MGTE

SOLD :(
Mar 30, 2005
Bellingham, WA
read about the E-Manage Ultimate here:
http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/#E-manage Ultimate:

now, i know its not released yet, but i want to know if anyone knows if it will be compatible with the 7M, especially the part where it removes the stock AFM. If this is compatible, what will the air metering system be (i assume its just the greddy pressure sensor)? I would like to know, because i was just about ready to get the MAFT, but then i saw this.

do you think it would be worthwhile to get the E-manage Ultimate, or should i just go with the blue e-manage, and MAFT? or do you have another suggestion (i want to run something like blow-thru MAFT so i dont have stall problems with an atmosphere vented bov)

this seems like a great product, i know its been mentioned here on the boards before, and its at a great price, 1 step closer to a full standalone. if anyone has any more information on this, please, post it up! ive read through the application page and new features page, but id still like more.

also, how hard will this be to tune? how hard is the blue e-manage to tune? will i need a dyno, or can i just use my wideband and egt?

sorry for all the questions, and TIA

Last edited:

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
looks to me as though the emanage is basically putting out a unit thats identical to the mapecu thats been around for awhile...this might have a few different options and whatnot though...

for the price it seems like a good option....

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
you always need a dyno as trying to tune while doing 90 mph on the street.highway is just pure stupidity ;)

the only reason the MAP ecu is not a standalone is because it requires the ECU for initial values. Otherwise this is as close to a standalone as you will get. So much so that you can blow up your engine just as easily with this as with a standalone ;)

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
figgie said:
you always need a dyno as trying to tune while doing 90 mph on the street.highway is just pure stupidity ;)

the only reason the MAP ecu is not a standalone is because it requires the ECU for initial values. Otherwise this is as close to a standalone as you will get. So much so that you can blow up your engine just as easily with this as with a standalone ;)

heh....well the good thing about the mapecu (and i beileve the emanage e01 as well) is that if yuor WB datlogs you can do runs...and go back and tune off the data from the runs...so no tuning on the fly ;)

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
Idealsupra said:
heh....well the good thing about the mapecu (and i beileve the emanage e01 as well) is that if yuor WB datlogs you can do runs...and go back and tune off the data from the runs...so no tuning on the fly ;)

:agreed: the e01 will do that...

I'm seriously looking forward to this, for one, it will remove the AFM. I don't know if its plug 'n play removal or if it has to be programed, but that will be determined shortly.

the next awesome looking feature is the fact that, used in conjunction with a wideband, you can input your desired AFR and the emanage will compensate fuel for that AFR... so no more adding/removing fuel based on a map, the eman ultimate will do that for you... which as i said in another thread is awesome for someone as horriably inexperienced as I

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
Idealsupra said:
aem is FULL standalone meaning you have any parameters you want basically... this is more like an extremely glorified AFC.... and yes im simplifying it EXTREMELY lol

ahh, i see. thanks!

i haven't really been keeping up to date with this stuff since i don't own an mkiii anymore, but i thought a full standalone doesn't plug into the ecu, it eliminates it. i thought the only full standalones were the tec and motec systems, etc.

i didn't think the aem was classified as a full standalone... or should i just shut the hell up, because i don't know what i'm talking about, because the tec and motec systems run with the stock ecu, as well? :D

Bigdough666

Picture Me Rollin
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX
Justin said:
:agreed: the e01 will do that...

I'm seriously looking forward to this, for one, it will remove the AFM. I don't know if its plug 'n play removal or if it has to be programed, but that will be determined shortly.

the next awesome looking feature is the fact that, used in conjunction with a wideband, you can input your desired AFR and the emanage will compensate fuel for that AFR... so no more adding/removing fuel based on a map, the eman ultimate will do that for you... which as i said in another thread is awesome for someone as horriably inexperienced as I

Thats awesome. I may look into gettin me one pretty soon here.

lowbudgettarga

supra and I - Broke
Apr 2, 2005
Bellingham, WA
well the AFR tuning part of this is very sweet. but i have a question about that. will the zeitronix work with this, because i have heard that the zeitronix unit uses a different output than most "normal" WB units. does anyone know? or what do people recommend for a WB setup?

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
well...i was just getting ready to drop the money on a mapecu for my car...but NOW....im going to look into this and see what my options are....

i MIGHT end up picking this unit up and ill make sure to post up everything i can if i do....

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
OH MY GOD! Greddy finally got off their ass!

ok as said before i was doing research on this new ultimate...and im about 99% sure ill be going with it within a month....

greddy FINALLY is providing its customers with a 4...yes count it...4 bar map sensor! EXCELLENT!

this should be a pretty nice setup...

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
Adjuster said:
Very interesting. Hope it wires up the same as the blue.

The auto AF deal sounds nice.

It's great that it works with my EO1.

well theres a harness you have to get if you have the blue emanage...i think its like 30-50 bucks... that will "adapt" it to work...

the auto AF is going to mainly be a STARTING point...i HIGHLY doubt you can input AFs and it will put them there exactly...it wll just clean them up as much as it can then you will have to go in and fine tune everything...

overall i think this is going to be the pinnacle of piggybacks on the market.... i cant wait

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
I already have, and use the pressure sensor with the blue Eman.

So, I'd just need the new 14pin harness, and could hook up the PLX to that, and allow the "ultimate" to revise the map based on AF at any combination of RPM and pressure?

Sign me up, this rocks.

Anyone want to buy a blue eman for a good deal? I also have the full computer hook up for it, but I'd want to keep the harnesses I have and other parts.

No need for the AEM if this new Eman will self tune your fuel map based on AF ratio monitoring. (I'd like to see 15:1 at low load cruise, and 12:1 when I want the power, and I don't have to screw with injector/airflow % anymore.)

Also from reading the information, it appears you can run complete ignitions now off this system, and sequential fuel injection... :) I have that harness, but right now it's wired up to the stock harness that is batch fired. If all you need is wires to each injector, and the Eman Ultimate will allow you to run sequential, that would be cool. (It does not make that much more power however, but can make a difference at idle from what I've seen.)

I don't see the 7MGTE supported, but it will not be long before it is. (Or even if there is a need for any changes, the main wires are still the same, and if you wire up your WB, or go sequential injection, that's going to be custom anyway.)

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
Adjuster said:
I already have, and use the pressure sensor with the blue Eman.

So, I'd just need the new 14pin harness, and could hook up the PLX to that, and allow the "ultimate" to revise the map based on AF at any combination of RPM and pressure?

Sign me up, this rocks.

Anyone want to buy a blue eman for a good deal? I also have the full computer hook up for it, but I'd want to keep the harnesses I have and other parts.

No need for the AEM if this new Eman will self tune your fuel map based on AF ratio monitoring. (I'd like to see 15:1 at low load cruise, and 12:1 when I want the power, and I don't have to screw with injector/airflow % anymore.)

Also from reading the information, it appears you can run complete ignitions now off this system, and sequential fuel injection... :) I have that harness, but right now it's wired up to the stock harness that is batch fired. If all you need is wires to each injector, and the Eman Ultimate will allow you to run sequential, that would be cool. (It does not make that much more power however, but can make a difference at idle from what I've seen.)

I don't see the 7MGTE supported, but it will not be long before it is. (Or even if there is a need for any changes, the main wires are still the same, and if you wire up your WB, or go sequential injection, that's going to be custom anyway.)

the new pressure sensor is 4 bar.... i dont know your power goals but you might want to pick it up....

as i said before i HIGHLY doubt the "auto tune" feature of this will work PERFECTLY...i think it will generalize and then you will have to go back in and fine tune...but thats still pretty badass....

the 7m being supoprted isnt really aproblem...it does what it does and hardiwring isnt a big deal.... not to mention if the blue emanage had 7m support with a specific harness i dont see why you couldnt get that and then get the adaptor harness ;)