supra acting funny

doom26464

Research...research
Mar 31, 2005
Saskatoon SK, Canada
www.cardomain.com
well I go start my car one day as I head home from lunch. I notice it sounds sorta wierd. I go to drive and as my rpm go up it sounds even wierder. The car seems to have a loss of power and when I acclerate hard the car like shakes and the exuasht sounds different. As I went back to school after lunch it was doing the same thing and half way on the way to school it returns to normal and my power is back and it sounds like it should. SO I figure what ever was wrong went aways. Well after school I get in my car and go on my way home its doing the exact same thing again. What could this possible be?? misfire mabye or exausht leak??? I seriously need some help this is very bad news as im trying to sell my car right now and I have no money. :mad:

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
You could check your CPS wires... If they are bad sometimes it can knock your timming off and will make the car run like ass... Usally look for burnt wires or wires falling out of the plug for the wiring harness on the cps. Just some ideas where to start.

doom26464

Research...research
Mar 31, 2005
Saskatoon SK, Canada
www.cardomain.com
I was guessing timing it seems to do this then go away but latly its like stuck like this i dunno whats up. Oh yeah wtf does the birdcage light in the very far left mean??? it comes on sometimes when i take a turn. Does it mean my birds gone missing or what lol??

doom26464

Research...research
Mar 31, 2005
Saskatoon SK, Canada
www.cardomain.com
Zerocool said:
You could check your CPS wires... If they are bad sometimes it can knock your timming off and will make the car run like ass... Usally look for burnt wires or wires falling out of the plug for the wiring harness on the cps. Just some ideas where to start.
CPS??? where is that and what does it look like??

Trowa

Supra Junky
Apr 3, 2005
Edmonton, AB Canada
doom26464 said:
I was guessing timing it seems to do this then go away but latly its like stuck like this i dunno whats up. Oh yeah wtf does the birdcage light in the very far left mean??? it comes on sometimes when i take a turn. Does it mean my birds gone missing or what lol??

The birdcage thing means u don't have enough coolant in ur overflow tank

Andriy

Trowa

Supra Junky
Apr 3, 2005
Edmonton, AB Canada
doom26464 said:
CPS??? where is that and what does it look like??

Cam Position Sensor......left side of the engine, front, right below the cam covers....i think.... lol.....on a turbo, i dunno about NA
Look it up on TSRM

Andriy

JT87NA

Mar 30, 2005
SLC, UT
Zerocool said:

N/A's don't have cps.

doom26464

Research...research
Mar 31, 2005
Saskatoon SK, Canada
www.cardomain.com
actually just took it for a test drive with my dad and it was doing the same thing then it went back to normal again. My dad said when he washed and waxed the car he sprayed the engine bay down so my guess is there a little bit of water in there causing it to do that. We will c what tommrow brings and c how she is acting then.

Johnny Dangerously

I can eat planets
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX..
doom26464 said:
actually just took it for a test drive with my dad and it was doing the same thing then it went back to normal again. My dad said when he washed and waxed the car he sprayed the engine bay down so my guess is there a little bit of water in there causing it to do that. We will c what tommrow brings and c how she is acting then.

OOO YEA! fucked up yer spark plugs!

the birdcage means the hamster escaped...either that or hes on strike. My best bet is to check the engine bay for him. if hes not there, do a search around the neighborhood or get a new one thats loyal.

however..ur dad did spray the engine bay down..so its possible he drowned ur hamster..fuck.