Exhaust Depot SS Cat-Back system opinions

MTownsupra

Jun 11, 2005
Memphis, TN
I stumbled across the Exhaust Depot SS Cat-Back system (link at bottom) the other day, and I really like the look of it. It's all stainless and seems to fit nice and close to the bumper, unlike some others that hang down a little too low for my taste. The system also has a resonator, which I don't know it's effect on power, but I'm sure it sounds less anoying when just cruising. Let me know what anyone thinks about this thing, and I would like to hear any suggestions as I am in the market for a new exhaust (mine rattles and is driving me insane). Also if anyone has any personal experience with this system or the brand/dealer in general let me know what you think. As allways, thanks for any info.

http://www.exhaustdepot.net/exdesu7mca.html

jdmk3_87t

Take it!
Apr 29, 2005
SoCaL
never ordered from them! looks kind of shady (like almost a scam). They don't even tell what kind of brand the exhaust is, they only say "it looks like the N1." Try contacting the seller first! I recommend customizing your own exhaust system, like buying any kind of muffler you like and then ordering some catback pipes from cooleeze, and voila! you have your own exhaust system!

e90suprat

Mechanically challenged
May 8, 2005
Douglasville, GA
For the price of that cat back, you could go to a local shop and have your entire exhaust system replaced. Mine cost $425 and I have 3" pipe from the turbo to the tips, downpipe, high flow cat, and a dynaflow muffler.

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
i bought a 304 s dp w/ 3"elbow from them for my 7m.the exhaust didn't fit as i was the first person to test it.the quality was awesome,nice welds and mandrel bends.he refunded my money for the exhaust and didn't want it back.i ended up having it taken appart flanges re-clocked and put back together.the guy i talked too (hector) was very good to deal with all and all.
keith

MTownsupra

Jun 11, 2005
Memphis, TN
Thanks for the info guys. I'm steering clear of any work done at the muffler shop because there are none in my area I trust whatsoever. I don't think the exhaust is a brand name, I believe it is actually just produced by Exhaust Depot. And to "tsuper92": Did you ever get the exhaust fully installed after the dissasembly? And if you did how does it sound and are you pleased with the performance?

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
i did get it installed on my car,but this was a 3"dp w 3"elbow.i had a high flow cat with stock cat back.it was very quite,but sounded good on the boost.

MTownsupra

Jun 11, 2005
Memphis, TN
Oh ok cool, sorry I didn't catch that the first time. Well thanks for the review and I think I might go with a divorced 3" stainless dp with a test pipe and this catback

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
i got my 3" elbow and DP from Hector at Exhaust Depot. Great guy, great service, definetly not a scammer. id be running that exhaust if i wasnt going for a more sleeper look.

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
We've sold a number of these in the absence of Blitz NUR systems (backorders at times). Customers were always happy and there are a few reviews on our website.

Exhaust depot MAKES the system, so of course they are not going to list a brand name.

Name any system, made in the USA and in stock, that is as nice as the Exhaust depot exhaust and I will be quite surprised.