89 NA-GTE vs Firebird

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
I was cruising around with my girlfriend Friday night with the top down and I was turning left from one major 4 lane road onto another. I was passing a truck and saw a set of firebird headlights riding my ass, so I get over into the right hand lane. The Firebird went to pass me, then stopped while off of my left front corner. My g/f and I were wondering what the hell he was doing until he dropped back next to my door again, looked at me and surged back up to the front corner. He revved a few times and I had about 2 seconds of hesitation as to whether or not to smoke his butt. When I realized what section of road I was on (no side streets or places for a cop to hide) and the Firebird revved one more time, my mind was made. I stopped mid-sentence and dropped from 5th to 3rd. I passed the Firebird like he was in reverse. I put the Supra back into 5th when I was about 3/4 of a mile up the road and settled back into a legal-speed cruise so my girlfriend could start breathing again. So what does the Firebird do? Ricer fly-by. At the next light I complimented him on how his car sounded and he just turned his nose up at me and took off. I eventually got up next to his left rear corner and just stayed there. Every now and then I would surge a little so he could hear the turbo and my BPV through his open window. When he went to turn off of the street we were on I gave him a full boost blow-off right in his window.

With all that being said, it wasn't a direct line up. More of me showing some punk kid not to mess with an older car - he still might get schooled. I'm not even sure what engine package it was. All I know is that I wanted to see the look on his face when he heard my turbo at almost 12psi screaming past his passenger window

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
Yeah my girlfriend was laughin at me cause I was giggling like a little school girl - which usually means someone is in for hell lol.

L

lanky189

Squid699 said:
Yeah my girlfriend was laughin at me cause I was giggling like a little school girl - which usually means someone is in for hell lol.

that or you're just laughing normally.... :p

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
the sad thing about all this is that I'm still running my NA cat-back that's killing my RWHP......guess he thought I was NA........guess I should put a turbo badge on the back. woops. lol. Pretty sure he found out the hard way. Just a note: I'm running a Bosch Porshe spec BPV, not a vented HKS or the like. But its still loud enough to get some attention.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
Nah, not around where I live. I'll get my full 3" soon enough. I've heard stockers clearly before too.....but the Bosch is really loud, especially with my 57 trim.

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
when I went t4, off went the turbo badge.... It's great fun being sneaky! especially when my exhaust looks stock, and sounds close to stock.

I also giggle like a school girl when someone revs at me. They don't know what I've got...